We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Adding/Removing new rows in Grid dynamically.

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

52842 Dec 5,2006 05:32 AM Dec 5,2006 06:16 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Vinod Shembekar
Asked On December 5, 2006 05:32 AM

Hi,

I am using "GridGroupingControl". I am also using external filter control.
When I apply filter, I want to display 3 more rows at the top of the Grid. These 3 rows will always be frozen.
Also I want to assign values to each of the cells in these 3 rows programatically.

These 3 rows should not be part of underlying datasource since I don't want to persist data from these 3 rows in database.

When displaying these 3 rows, the existing structure of the Grid should not change (i.e. sub-totals and summary should be displayed as shown earlier.) For these extra 3 rows, subtotal and summary should not be displayed.

When filter is cleared, these extra 3 rows should be removed from the grid.

Waiting for reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Vinod Shembekar

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 5, 2006 06:16 AM

Hi Vinod,

The attached sample shows how you can customize the order of the various sections in the GroupingGrid Control. It adds three extra rows to grid and displays these rows above the GroupCaptiondetails. The sample also shows how to derive custom elements from the Group and the ChildTable and how to hook them into a customized Engine object. Please refer to the attached sample for implementation.

Here is a Sample.
GGCExtraSectionCaption.zip

Here is a KB article for more details.
How do I efficiently customize the child table/group by using a custom engine?

Best Regards,
Haneef

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;