We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

config.xsd & xsx

A recent sample I got now has a config.xsd and xsx file. Can you point me to the documentation as to when / if this is needed and what this does (or adds) and how it changes/interacts with the edit application... especially if it's edited by users in the field.

Thanks.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 5, 2006 10:26 AM UTC

Hi David,

Our apologies for the delayed response. This XML Schema Definition(XSD) file provides schema information for the XML language definition syntax and .xsx fie is auto-generated along with XSD file.
The main advantage of this .xsd file is, just by including it along with the XML syntax coloring configuration file in the Visual Studio .NET project, the member list drop-down will be displayed while the elements in the XML Syntax Coloring Configuration file is edited in the Visual Studio Code Editor. It is an additional support which makes it easy for the user while editing the syntax coloring configuration file.

I have attached a sample that illustrates this in the link given below.

To see the member dropdown list.

1. Open the attached sample in Visual Studio.

2. Open the Config.xml file.

3. Place the cursor in line 5 at column 14 (after the word format).

4. Press Space.

5. DropDown list with members of the element is displayed.

sample

Documentation on the XSD schema file can be found at the following link given below.

Schema Definition File for XML syntax coloring Configuration file

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon