We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

UseDefaultsForFasterDrawing = true causing null reference exception

I am using a custom engine with the ggc. I have a couple of summary rows above header row.
I keep getting a NullReferenceException error when I make a edit a cell in the grid that would cause the summary row to autocalc.

The error occurs in the method below at the last line (el.ParentGroup.IsExpanded).

public override bool IsChildVisible(Element el)
{
if (el is ExtraSection)
return el.ParentGroup.IsExpanded; // here you can specify when the extra section is visible.

else if (el is CaptionSection)
return true;

else
return el.ParentGroup.IsExpanded;
}

When I add a null check in this method I noticed that the summary row was not auto-calcing... so definitely something is wrong.
The culprint turns out to the the OptimizeGrid method, which I copied from one of your samples.

Apparently, when I comment out the line below..

this.gridGroupingControl1.UseDefaultsForFasterDrawing = true;

, the summary rows auto-calc fine, but when I leave it in, the app blows an exception.

Can you all please help

here's my exact OptimizeGrid method...

this.gridGroupingControl1.CounterLogic = EngineCounters.YAmount;
this.gridGroupingControl1.AllowedOptimizations = EngineOptimizations.DisableCounters | EngineOptimizations.RecordsAsDisplayElements;
this.gridGroupingControl1.UseDefaultsForFasterDrawing = true; // GDI interop drawing, FirstNRecords Summaries
this.gridGroupingControl1.InvalidateAllWhenListChanged = false; // only paint modified cells
this.gridGroupingControl1.InsertRemoveBehavior = GridListChangedInsertRemoveBehavior.InvalidateAll;
this.gridGroupingControl1.UpdateDisplayFrequency = 1; // update every number of ms (speciy 0 if Update should be called manually)
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.EnableDoubleBufferSurface(); // reduce flickering

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 6, 2006 04:00 AM UTC

Hi James,

Your incident #30229 has been updated. Please refer to the incident #30229 for more details.

Thanks,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon