We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DocVariable & Watermarks

Hello,

Our web application needs to set the value for certain DocVariables of a Word document file on the server. In addition, we need to add a watermark text to the document.

Currently, I'm using Office Automation to do this; which is too cumbersome.

I’ve decided to switch to DocIO; but first I need to know if these two features are supported (either directly or through a workaround)

Thank you.

1 Reply

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team December 4, 2006 05:03 AM UTC

Hi Nima,

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.

Regarding watermark,currently we do not have support for drawing watermark in word document. However, we do have plans for implementing this feature in the near future. We already have an feature request regarding this feature[feature ID:624]. You can track the status of this feature from the following URL.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/docio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=624

Regarding the DocVariables, we have partial support for docvariables. We have features like setting values for merge fields and find & replace strings. Could you please refer to the samples in the following url after the installation of Essential studio?
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.51\Windows\DocIO.Windows\Samples\Mailmerge
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.30\windows\DocIO.Windows\Samples\Find And Replace

Please take a look into the samples at the above urls and let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Dhivya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon