We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Open Issues

Hello,

I am currently building a proof of concept for a client. The project involve Doc/PDF dynamic creation. Your application seems to correspond to what I am looking for (open a template, replace the data, display the PDF) but there are remaining open issues which avoid me to show it to the customer:
-Can't have image in my header template
-Error when converting my document to PDF
The "Open Issues" section reports both of them, but neither discovered date nor expected correction date appear.
Is it possible to have these information

Thanks & Regards

Arnaud

3 Replies

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team December 2, 2006 07:16 AM UTC

Hi Arnaud,

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.

Could you please provide me the open issue ID or link so that I can consult with development team regarding it and send you an update.

Regarding support for Doc to PDF,Version 4.4 has limited support. Please note that this functionality is provided as a utility class and we strongly recommend testing this functionality and determine if it meets your requirements.

Can you please send me your word document so that I can investigate further on this issue.

Regards,
Dhivya.

AB Arnaud BALAY December 4, 2006 08:38 AM UTC

Dear Dhivya,

The Defect #1775 seems to be the same problem I have:
I have a word document with a picture A in the header and also a picture B inside the body. When opening & saving this document, the header contains the picture B and the body also the picture B. It seems to happen on any word document.

Regarding the PDF (I can't find the defect # anymore), I got this error when opening the PDF from XML (after saving the doc to XML):
-------------------------------------------------
A first chance exception of type 'Syncfusion.DLS.XDLSException' occurred in Syncfusion.DLS.Base.dll
Collection cannot serialize if Document property is NULL
-------------------------------------------------
It also seems to happen when the document contains an header

I also noticed that converting DOC to PDF require a temporary file. PDF opening from XML using a MemoryStream doesn't work.

I am using the 4.4.0.46, and currently downloading the 4.4.0.51 to see if it makes any difference.
Thanks for your help.

Arnaud

Bonjour1.zip

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team December 5, 2006 05:11 AM UTC

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for sending the file.

This issue with image in header[Defect #1775] is partially fixed internally. Unfortunately,it is not included in 4.4.0.51 release.
The word document that you have sent seem to be working fine with our latest assemblies[without any exception].
Here is a sample PDF document generated with our preview version.
DocToPDF.pdf

Could you please create Direct trac incident so that I can provide you with preview version of this fix.

Regarding Doc To PDF conversion that involves XML file,we can convert word document to PDF only by saving it as xml file. However, it allows us to save the xml file as memory stream without having to save it in disk.

Here are some code to do that.

//Create a memory stream
MemoryStream ms= new MemoryStream();

//Save the word document as XML
doc.SaveXml(ms);

//Position the pointer to begining
ms.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);

//Open saved XML document using Essential PDF.
PDFLogicDocument pdfDocument = new PDFLogicDocument();
pdfDocument.OpenXml( ms);

//Save as PDF.
pdfDocument.Save( "DocToPDF.pdf");

Here is a sample for your reference.
DocTOPDF.zip

Please take a look into it and let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Dhivya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon