We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Changing OrthogonalLine directions

I have 2 nodes on the diagram and am drawing an OrthogonalLine shaped link (actually my class derived from Link) between them.

The line goes left then down, and I want it to go down then left.

How can I make this happen? I have tried overriding the CreateLinkShape method and setting the HeadingEndPoint1 direction, but I am having problems with this approach.

Thanks for your help!

2 Replies

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team December 1, 2006 11:25 PM UTC

Hi Bob,

If your intention is to change the direction of orthogonal Line's direction then you can customizing the properties of Link and try to add your custom implementations to it. I have created a sample that demonstrates this behavior completely. Please look into it, in particular the ConnectNodes () method and the MouseMove and MouseDown events in the Form.cs file, which will help you to have a clear idea on how to go with this.

I hope this will meet your requirement. Please let me know if this not helps you.

Regards,
Nagaraj

CustomOrthogonalLink_Sample.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 4, 2006 05:15 PM UTC

>Hi Bob,

If your intention is to change the direction of orthogonal Line's direction then you can customizing the properties of Link and try to add your custom implementations to it. I have created a sample that demonstrates this behavior completely. Please look into it, in particular the ConnectNodes () method and the MouseMove and MouseDown events in the Form.cs file, which will help you to have a clear idea on how to go with this.

I hope this will meet your requirement. Please let me know if this not helps you.

Regards,
Nagaraj

CustomOrthogonalLink_Sample.zip

Thanks I will look into it. I am in the middle of something else right now, so it will be a week or so...

Bob

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon