We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

CellType = "Control"

Hi,

I want my new rows or cells to create a new instantance or object of my control.
How can I do this?

Thanks

Kwabena

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 1, 2006 06:03 AM UTC

Hi Kwabena,

If you want to host this control in a single grid cell, then you can do this by setting the celltype of the cell to be a control and then set the control that you want the cell to be associated with. Below is the code.

this.gridControl1[2,2].CellType = "Control";
this.gridControl1[2,2].Control = userControl1;

If you want to have this control in several cells, then you will have to create a custom celltype deriving the control. It requires a model class and a renderer class. The model class handles the serialization requirements for the control and creates the renderer class. The renderer class handles the UI requirements of the cell.

Please refer the DerivedCellControlTutorial sample in the browser samples for more details.
[install drive]\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.25\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\In Depth\DerivedCellControlTutorial\

Best Regards,
Haneef

KB Kwabena Barwuah-Manu December 1, 2006 03:15 PM UTC

Thanks for the your help.

NN NNR December 1, 2006 11:06 PM UTC

What if I simply want a UserControl to handle the EditMode for a cell?

Do you have a simple example covering this?

Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 4, 2006 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Jon,

To enable the in-place editing with a focus in a grid's usercontrol cell, you need to set Renderer.SupportFocusControl property to TRUE. Here is a code snippet ot show this.

public class DropDownGridCellRenderer: GridDropDownGridCellRenderer
{
GridControlBase grid;

public DropDownGridCellRenderer(GridControlBase grid, GridCellModelBase cellModel)
: base(grid, cellModel)
{
this.SupportsFocusControl = true;
//this.DisableTextBox = true;
DropDownButton = new GridCellComboBoxButton(this);
this.grid = null;
}//Youe code here....
}

Please refer to the attached sample for implementation.
DropDownGridCellSample.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon