We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

EditIndicator

We currently have a class derived from Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditIndicator. This class existed in 2.0.5 but no longer exists in 4.4. I believe we used it to "mark" a grid row being edited with an arrow, among other things. What is the recommended approach to replace it? I see that we can use the Legacy Edit, but we would rather not, since it will be phased out at some point in the future.

Thanks,
Doug

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 1, 2006 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Doug,

Our apologies for the delayed response. It is possible to use the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation.BookmarksHelper class to draw custom bookmark's. I have attached a sample that illustrates this. Let me know if this meets your requirements.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

sample

LJ Louis Janosek December 5, 2006 03:49 PM UTC

Ebenezer - I am working with Doug on this problem. Our model currently is not event driven, but rather state driven where we change an image reference for an embedded EditIndicator inside a grid control based upon state transitions. Do you have anything that offers manual control? Is there a way to manually fire the bookmark event, assuming we could embed an EditControl instead? Thanks,

Louis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 11, 2006 02:22 PM UTC

Hi Louis,

Our apologies for the delayed response. Could you please let me know if you would like to use the BookmarksHelper class without using the
EditControl. Also, please let me know if you would like to embed the EditControl inside a grid control.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

LJ Louis Janosek December 11, 2006 03:35 PM UTC

Ebenezer - Currently i have decided to stick with the legacy Edit assembly knowing i will need to convert to the newer one in the future. What i need to be able to do at that time is replace using an EditIndicator inside a cell in a SyncFusion.Grid with something else. If i could use the BookmarksHelper class in its place (using custom images), without using an EditControl, then I believe that would suffice. The other alternative i see, although it would be more work, would be to embed the EditControl in the grid cells in place of the EditIndicator, and manually fire the BookmarksHelper events if there is a way for me to control their firing.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 13, 2006 11:17 AM UTC

Hi Louis,

Our apologies for the delayed response. It is possible to use Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit. Utils.Bookmark class inside a cell to mark a grid row being edited with an arrow. I have attached a sample that illustrates this. Let me know if this meets your requirements.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

sample

LJ Louis Janosek December 13, 2006 11:05 PM UTC

Ebenezer - Thanks. The sample looks somewhat similar to what we currently are doing. I will look at in the future when we decide to remove the usage of the legacy DLL. Thanks.

Louis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon