We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Horizontal Paging

I'm looking to be able to create both Vertical (normal) paging and Horizontal paging when binding to a DataSet. The DataSet I'm trying to bind to can have as many columns as the user wants. If the amount of columns exceed a certain number, I'd like to split the columns so they span over two or more pages. The way I thought of doing this would be to bind to the dataset. Create seperate documents for each horizontal page and hide all other columns I don't want to show up for each page.

An example would be for a DataSet woth 20 columns and a 5 column limitt per page. So, for document 1, I would bind to the DataSet and hide columns 6 - 20. Document 2 would Bind and Hise 1 - 5 and 11 - 20.

After doing that for all the documents (4 in this case) I would combine them. Can anyone think of a better solution for Horizontal paging?

Thanks,
Mike

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 28, 2006 10:54 PM UTC

Hi Mike,

It is possible to bind the selected columns from the DataSet and hide the remaining column from displaying. I have created four documents with five columns each. In my first document I have displayed first five columns from the DataSet and then in remaining documents the columns are displayed like the order you mentioned.

Could you please refer the following sample.
All_Doc.zip

Please take a look at this and let me know if the problem still exists.

Regards,
Prakash.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 29, 2006 06:02 PM UTC

Hi Mike,

Column overflow feature has been recently implemented in our new table model which will be available in 4.4 releases. As you have the service pack installed, you can work on it.

Here is a sample for your reference.
ColumnOverflow.zip

Could you please take a look at this and let me if the problem still exists.

Regards,
Prakash.

GJ Gavin Jones March 17, 2008 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Prakash

Do you have an the full source code available for this working in c# / asp.net as well please?

Thanks

Gavin

>Hi Mike,

It is possible to bind the selected columns from the DataSet and hide the remaining column from displaying. I have created four documents with five columns each. In my first document I have displayed first five columns from the DataSet and then in remaining documents the columns are displayed like the order you mentioned.

Could you please refer the following sample.
All_Doc.zip

Please take a look at this and let me know if the problem still exists.

Regards,
Prakash.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 25, 2008 10:12 AM UTC

Hi prakash,

Thanks for the update.

You need to have license for SOurce version. Source version only have full source code.
Binary version doesnt include source code.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon