We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MaskedEditBox-

How to set mask for entering both positive and negative number in a masked edit box

7 Replies

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team November 28, 2006 10:34 AM UTC

Hi Shankar,

MaskedEditBox has the MinValue and MaxValue properties that can be enforced when the UsageMode of the MaskedEditBox is set to Numeric.Currently the MinValue is set to be 0 internally and it does not support negative values with current architecture.However,we can extend the functionality to support negative values too.

For positive numbers you,can set the Mask property to #.You can find more information on Masks from the below given link.

http://www2.syncfusion.com/library/classref/Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.MaskedEditBox.Mask.html

I have logged a feature request in order to support negative numbers.And you can track the progress of implementation through the below given link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1378

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,

Anu.

SR Shankar Ramasubramanian November 28, 2006 02:20 PM UTC

I tried NumericTextBox to input both positive and negative number. But the control won't let me input a decimal. I have set all applicable properties. Is this a bug??

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team November 29, 2006 04:54 AM UTC

Hi Shankar,

I am afraid,the details given above is for windows control.The control NumericTextBox comes under Web Tools and I have requested the respective product engineer to update you.

Best Regards,

Anu.

SR Shankar Ramasubramanian November 29, 2006 02:27 PM UTC

Thanks. I didn't realize it's web control. Thanks

Shankar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 29, 2006 11:33 PM UTC

Hi Shankar,
I am able to see the NumericTextBox negative input issue. It seems to be a bug, we will look more on this and will update you with more details soon.
I have opened a feature request for extend the Mask functionality to allow only Real numbers.
We will inform you as soon as this feature request is addressed.
Thank you for using syncfusion controls.
Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 6, 2006 02:10 AM UTC

Hi Shankar,

Sorry for the delay in getting back you.

I have logged a bug report for Numeric TextBox negative input issue.We will try to fix this at the earliest.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 8, 2006 02:01 AM UTC

Hi Shankar,

Sorry for the delay in get back to you.

If usage mode property of Masked Edit Text Box is set to 'Numeric',the control will allow only numbers.By defining MaxValue and MinValue property, we can set the requirred mask which is illustrated in the sample.

NumericMask.zip

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon