We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

UpdateUIMFCStyle in RibbonControlAdv

Hi,

is there a possibility to enable and disable menu items in Word 2007-Demo like in XPMenus using UpdateUIMFCStyle?

Regards,
Christian

16 Replies

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team November 24, 2006 06:08 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

MenuItems in Word2007 demo can be enabled or disabled directly through the Enabled property as shown below.

ToolStripMenuItem tsmi1 = (ToolStripMenuItem)sender;

tsmi.Enabled = false;

ToolStripMenuItem tsmi2= (ToolStripMenuItem)sender;

tsmi.Enabled = true;

However,as these menu items do not have any internal connectivity with our Syncfusion MainFrameBarManager,it does not apply the logic of
UpdateUIMFCStyle property and triggering an event like UpdateUI for each item for now.

If you could tell us the exact scenario where you need to enable or disable the Menu items, we can suggest you what exactly is possible with our ToolStripMenuItems. If there exists any limitations or requirements in our current architecture, we will make sure to enhance or add the required features and provide you a solution.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,

Anu.

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team November 24, 2006 06:11 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

There is a correction in the code updated above.It should be tsmi1 and tsmi2 instead of tsmi.

ToolStripMenuItem tsmi1 = (ToolStripMenuItem)sender;

tsmi1.Enabled = false;

ToolStripMenuItem tsmi2= (ToolStripMenuItem)sender;

tsmi2.Enabled = true;

Thanks,

Anu.

CL Christian Lützenkirchen November 24, 2006 07:46 AM UTC

Hi Anu,

thank you for your reply. My application is a complex MDI application using a lot of XPMenus and toolbar buttons. I have different MDI childs and controls with several interfaces. Each of these interfaces has a number of CanIDo()-methods. Using UpdateUIMFCStyle was a good choice. Each menu item can ask if a special interface exists and if a spectial CanIDo()-Method returns true. This even works fine with plugged in controls.

private void OnUpdateUIPaste(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
sss.DBApp.UI.Interface.IClipboard fv_frmChild = this.SelectedControl as sss.DBApp.UI.Interface.IClipboard;
if (fv_frmChild != null)
{
((BarItem)sender).Enabled = fv_frmChild.CanPaste;
}
else
{
((BarItem)sender).Enabled = false;
}
}

where this.SelectedControl gets the active control like MDI child, active tree in a GroupBar, GridControl in a TabBarSplitterControl ...
(This example is quiet simple, there are more complex ones)

Enabling and disabling all ToolStripMenuItems is too complex when activating a control or changing a selection. This would produce a lot of bad code!

I like the new Office 2007 style and where happy if I could migrate my application. So it would be nice if we find a solution. Do you have any suggestions?

Best Regards,
Christian

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team November 24, 2006 03:13 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

I had the idea of accessing each ToolStripItem in a loop and enable or disable as required.But you are right, when coming to larger applications it might become too complicated.I can understand the requirement of such an event as currently we do not have any such event that allows customizations for each item for run time changes.I will go ahead and log a feature request now and will be including it in our upcoming versions.

Regarding migrating,you mean migrating all your XPMenu to ToolStripMenu for your current application?

Please feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anu.

CL Christian Lützenkirchen November 24, 2006 04:27 PM UTC

Hi Anu,

yes, I would like to migrate all my XPMenu to ToolStripMenu. I think this is the upcoming design for applications because you can get a better useability.

I am sad to hear that there is no possibility to implement this feature with syncfusion. I think its a key feature! I hope this feature is implemented soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you please notify me when this feature is implemented?

Best Regards,
Christian

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team November 27, 2006 06:41 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

I am afraid, I am not able to promise you a stipulated time for this.However,we can provide you a patch for 4.4 version as soon as we implement this.I have logged a feature request based on this and have particularly mentioned to give high priority as you have plans to migrate to ToolStripMenu.

Due to some internal problems,I am unable to provide you the link to track the progress of implementation.I will update this thread as soon as the problem gets resolved.

Best Regards,

Anu.

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team December 18, 2006 06:21 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

Here is the link to track the progress of implementation.

Support to enable and disable ToolStripMenuItems like in XPMenus using UpdateUIMFCStyle

Best Regards,

Anu

CL Christian Lützenkirchen February 25, 2007 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Anu,

will this feature be implemented in version 5.0?

Regards,
Christian

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2007 03:16 PM UTC

>Hi Christian,

I had the idea of accessing each ToolStripItem in a loop and enable or disable as required.But you are right, when coming to larger applications it might become too complicated.I can understand the requirement of such an event as currently we do not have any such event that allows customizations for each item for run time changes.I will go ahead and log a feature request now and will be including it in our upcoming versions.

Regarding migrating,you mean migrating all your XPMenu to ToolStripMenu for your current application?

Please feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anu.

CL Christian Lützenkirchen February 27, 2007 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Anu,

my intention is to give my application the new look and feel. Accessing all (visible) items in a loop is one possibility, but I beleave this is a really missing feature in ToolStripItems and should be done by the library.

You already logged a feature request #1413. My question is, if there are any plans to implement it.

Regards,
Christian

PJ Poly J Syncfusion Team February 27, 2007 02:02 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have already logged a feature request for this. We understand that this is an important feature for toolstrip items. I have contacted our development team regarding this and we will include this feature in 5.0 version.

Best regards,
Poly

CL Christian Lützenkirchen April 3, 2007 01:25 PM UTC

Hi Poly,

has this feature been implemented in Version 5?

Regards,
Christian

CL Christian Lützenkirchen April 9, 2007 10:14 AM UTC

????

>Hi Poly,

has this feature been implemented in Version 5?

Regards,
Christian

PJ Poly J Syncfusion Team April 9, 2007 01:38 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

Sorry for the delay in updating you. We have not included this feature in version 5.1. I have notified our development team regarding this with high priority. I will update you if they are able to provide the time frame for this feature.

Best Regards,
Poly

CL Christian Lützenkirchen August 24, 2007 06:08 AM UTC

Hi Poly,

are you going to implement this feature in V5.2 or do you have a sample how I can achieve this?

Best Regards
Christian

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team August 24, 2007 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Currently we are implementing this feature and it was partially completed. Now UpDateUI event have been implemented for the RibbonControlAdv as a whole. We will implement it for all the items in the control and let you the details once this was implemented completely.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon