We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grouping Grid Related Table Selected Records

I have a scenario where the grouping grid is bound to a collection which a child collection.

A GridRelationDescriptor is added using the public property of the child collection to create the hierarchy.

The grid builds out correctly, however when I attempt to query the selected records of the grid I can only retrieve the selected rows of the top-level.

The grid is set to have the MultiExtended selection mode as well as the GridSelectionFlags set to None as per some other examples posted.

Below are a list of properties interrogated and the value returned:

grid.Table.SelectedRecords.Count = 1 (Top level selected record, this is correct).

grid.Table.RelatedTables.Count = 1 (There is only 1 sub collection, this is correct).

grid.Table.RelatedTables[0].SelectedRecords.Count = 0 (This is incorrect, several are selected)

grid.Table.RelatedTables[0].Records.Count = 0 (This is definitely incorrect, there are items in the collection which are displayed as rows)

I have seen other samples provided using data sets, however using object entities the same methodologies are not working.

Thanks,
jc

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 22, 2006 05:08 AM UTC

Hi Josh,

In a flat groupinggrid, you can get the selected records in this manner.

GridTable gt = this.gridGroupingControl1.Table;
foreach(SelectedRecord rec in gt.SelectedRecords)
{
Console.WriteLine(rec.Record);
}

With the nested tables, you need to get the child table you want, and do the same type of thing. Here is a code snippet

GridTable gt = this.gridGroupingControl1.GetTable("ChildTable");
foreach(SelectedRecord rec in gt.SelectedRecords)
{
Console.WriteLine(rec.Record);
}

Please refer to the attached sample for getting selected record in a grid.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_HideTable_4d9308b7.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon