We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Anyone interested in a small Essential Edit contracting gig?

I hope that this type of post is appropriate…

We are prototyping a new application in C# which and have already integrated Essential Edit. I am looking for someone who is very familiar with Essential Edit in a C# environment. If you are interested, you can contact me directly at scott@metratech.com.

Essential Edit is being used to edit a scripting language that very closely related to Microsoft’s TSQL which has a lot in common with SQL. It basically, looks something like

CREATE PROCEDURE
@
AS
DECLARE @

We also have a proprietary way of specifying enumerations:
#///#

Phase One would involve setting up the XML file to provide syntax highlighting. The grammar for our scripting language is in ANTLR files. I assume that it would make sense to use the SQL XML configuration file provided by Syncfusion as a starting point.

Phase Two would involve implementation of context choice as follows:
*Parameters: a sorted list (name and type) would be provided for potential parameter choices. If they select one, the parameter’s type should be automatically set.

*Variables in the body: match to a parameter or a local variable

*Enumerations: an appropriate sorted list would be provided for each of the three levels

*Key words: I would have thought that the edit control would automatically offer context choices for key words, but it doesn’t appear to.

Phase Three: context tooltip for parameters, enumerations and selected key words. Potentially some context prompts.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon