We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems in Docking after migration from 2.1.09 to 4.2

I have just migrated from syncfusion 2.1.0.9 to 4.2, I have couple of problems in docking since migration.
mDockingManager.SetAutoHideMode( form, true );
throws an exception showing object set to null.

Also there is another problem find in attached screenshot before & after migration. There are 2 windows in summary tab. when I close the application the docksettings for the windows are saved in attached main.xml when I load it the windows are labelled same as you will be able to differentiate between screenshots before migration & after migration. Also in the similar way when the windows are pinned I have the problem as can be visible in the screenshots for pinned. Since I am saving the settings, the problem happens only when the settings are loaded. I have spent two days investigating myself but could succeed. please let me know if some changes I need to make to make it work.

Thanks,
Sachin

code12.zip

6 Replies

MA Malarvizhi Syncfusion Team November 20, 2006 09:33 AM UTC

Hi Sachin,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Issue 1: mDockingManager.SetAutoHideMode( form, true ); throws an exception showing
object set to null.

I was not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please let me know which 4.2 version of Essential studio you are using? ( it will be like 4.2.0.37 ) and also please provide a sample having the issue? This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Issue 2:LoadDockState Issue

Before going to load from MemoryStream its seeking position has to be initialized to Beginning of the stream. Could you please try the below code snippet and let me know your issue has been resolved or not.

MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream();
AppStateSerializer serializer = new AppStateSerializer( SerializeMode.XMLFmtStream, stream );
stream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);
mDockingManager.LoadDockState( serializer );

Regards
Malarvizhi.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 20, 2006 02:53 PM UTC

Hi Malarvizhi,

I am using syncfusion version 4.201.0.37.
My code had stream.position set to zero. Anyway I tried seeking the memorysream to start but inspite of that I could not make it work.

I will try to make a small sample for exception problem. Time being if you can suggest something else it will be great.

Thanks,
Sachin

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team November 20, 2006 09:31 PM UTC

Hi Sachin,

Sorry for the previous update. Please delete the files from IsolatedStorage and xml file before running the application. If the issue still exists, send me the code snippet that you have used to save and load the dockstate in your application. This will help us to resolve the issue soon.

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

SB Sachin Bamel November 21, 2006 03:15 AM UTC

https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/user/details.aspx?id=29843

Also find the attached code. I have already done all the deleting of xml files but still problem happens

Thanks,
Sachin

code14.zip

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team November 21, 2006 11:49 PM UTC

Hi Sachin,

We are currently working on this issue. We will update the details soon.

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team November 22, 2006 03:10 PM UTC

Hi Sachin,

I have gone through the sample code. I think there is some problem when converting stream to String or XMLElement object. Herewith I have attached the sample for your requirement. In this sample we have saved the dockstate and stored the XML output in a String variable and used whenever we want to load the dockstate. Please go through the sample and let me know if the issue is resolved.
 Docking_XML.zip
Thanks,
Murugan P.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon