We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Possible bug/workaround: How to consume the delete character?

I'm seeing some behavior where when I host the edit control in a pop-up window and hit the delete, it deletes and then posts the delete back to the containing application, rather than consuming it. I need it to consume the delete. What event can I hook to do this manually, or is this just a bug?

Current version, Edit component, Winforms.
.NET 1.1.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 22, 2006 05:22 AM UTC

Hi dunion,

Our apologies for the delayed response. I have tested for this issue using a sample and was not able to see the problem. This is how I went about testing this issue :

1.Run the attached sample.

2.Click EditControl.

3.EditControl is displayed in a window.

4.Press Delete.

5.The delete is not posted to the containing application.

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

sample

DU David Union November 22, 2006 07:59 PM UTC

I can set up a webex where I can show you the behavior, so it is still happening. We're off the next few days but if you let me know what's the easiest time for you I can potentially do that over those days or even the holiday weekend potentially, I'm willing to adjust to get this done asap!

I'll look at the sample and see what you did.

>Hi dunion,

Our apologies for the delayed response. I have tested for this issue using a sample and was not able to see the problem. This is how I went about testing this issue :

2.Click EditControl.

4.Press Delete.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

sample

DU David Union November 22, 2006 08:07 PM UTC

Unfortunately you didn't reproduce anything even close to the described scenario.

I have wrapped the Syncfusion edit into a custom control, you should first have to do that. Then I hosted this control on a winform in the same control library. Then I created another custom control (non-visual) in the same control library that can instantiate an instance of this winform. I exposed COM interfaces to this set of controls.

To replicate this problem, you should do that. Then I called that COM interface from an MFC application, using the created TLB file and using the IID's of the methods to invoke the instance of this form object via the non-graphical control. You can't directly invoke the graphical control in MFC unless you embed it on the MFC dialog, which I didn't want to do - so that was why I did it this way.

Please let me know if you can get me a fix for this bug after you reproduce it. Also, we can set up a webex so I can show it to you if you want.
It may be an artifact of the MFC event loop so there may be a more general .NET way around this, I haven't yet had time to look into this.

>Hi dunion,

2.Click EditControl.

4.Press Delete.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

sample

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 29, 2006 01:53 PM UTC

Hi dunion,

Our apologies for the delayed response. Your Direct-Trac incident 29728 in this regard has been updated. Please refer to my response there
and let me know if you need any other information.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon