We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

treeview Nodes.Clear() method doesn''t remove the child nodes from memory

Hi,

We have encounted the memory leaking problem in a winform (.net 2.0) based application. one issue found is the syncfusion treeview control doesn't release the child nodes from memory after calling the nodes.clear().
the snipper of the code is as following:
treeView.Nodes.Clear();
In the memory profiler, the nodes object still exist after the call.
But if we remove the nodes one by one as following:
for (int index = treeView.Nodes.Count - 1; index > -1; index--)

{

treeView.Nodes.RemoveAt(index);

}

treeView.Nodes.Clear();

The treeview child nodes will disappear from the memory.

Is this a bug in syncfusion treeview control?

Sunny

4 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team November 14, 2006 11:21 PM UTC

Hi sunny,

We have tested the issue with 4.2.0.37 and later version. We were not able to reproduce the issue. When calling TreeViewAdv.Nodes.Clear() , the memory used by the TreeNodeAdv control released properly. Herewith I have attached the memory snopshots of the TreeNodeAdv control using .Net Memory Profiler. Please let me know the Essential Studio version you are using. This will help us to analyse the issue further.
TreeNode.zip
Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Murugan P.S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 15, 2006 03:55 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response.
There are some difference from your testing and ours:
1) in the application the treenodes are added recursively, so the treeview will have a hierachical tree nodes in multiple level.
2) we are using memory profiler 3.0, and in the result the TreeNodeAdv are shown as "System object[]"(but when you drill down the live objects are treenodeAdv, I believe you are using 2.x version, the result is shown as "treenodeadv[]".

And we are using 4.2.0.37.

I am not sure whether the point 1) make the difference.

Sunny
>Hi sunny,

We have tested the issue with 4.2.0.37 and later version. We were not able to reproduce the issue. When calling TreeViewAdv.Nodes.Clear() , the memory used by the TreeNodeAdv control released properly. Herewith I have attached the memory snopshots of the TreeNodeAdv control using .Net Memory Profiler. Please let me know the Essential Studio version you are using. This will help us to analyse the issue further.
TreeNode.zip
Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Murugan P.S

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team November 16, 2006 12:41 AM UTC

Hi,

We will check the issue using .Net Memory Profiler 3.0 and let know the details soon.

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team November 17, 2006 07:16 PM UTC

Hi,

In my application treeNodeAdv controls memory is released properly but not in the case with your application. So before going to check with .Net memory profiler 3.0, please send me the sample which is having the issue. This will help us to resolve the issue soon.

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon