We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Hosted IE Control NTLM Authentication

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to embed a .NET 2.0 custom UserControl into Internet Explorer with a PictureBox that will dynamically display images from the originating web site. For example, a user would go to the page and would have a picture displayed in the viewer and then press back/forward buttons to navigate through a series of images.

This works using an HttpWebRequest to get the image when I'm not going through a proxy but it fails otherwise. It seems it requires the CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials to authenticate with the proxy, but the default Internet permissions don't allow this (Intranet does). Is there some other way to call up an image from the site? I know this can be done in a Java applet using JApplet.getImage(getDocumentBase(),"filename.jpg"); so I'm hoping it can also be done in .NET without requiring any additional permissions.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon