We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

label control with multiple groups of text formatting

Hi, I want to find out if Syncfusion or .Net has a label control that allows us to selectively format certain text. For example, make one of the words bolded or underlined, or even the kind of behavior. I know the worst case is to build my own composite custom control which would be quite complicated, especially when I need to take care of wrapping and resizing. Aaron

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 24, 2003 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Aaron, We do not currently have such a control. The RichTextBox has the capability that you are looking for but is quite complex to format correctly. There is a sample on gotdotnet that features a RichTextBox control that can be initialized using simple XHTML. You can find it here. Hope this helps. Thank you for choosing Syncfusion. Best regards, Daniel Syncfusion, Inc

AC Aaron Ching June 24, 2003 01:55 PM UTC

thanks for the prompt response and the pointer. Do you know of any other sample or commercialware control that allows true link behaviors for multiple selected text? For example, we want to show tooltips when mousehover certain underlined text. This is quite common design for web apps and we are doing the same thing in a winform app. The .Net RichTextBox doesn't allow this and I still can't find anything out there yet. Would Syncfusion consider to build such control? Thanks again for helping.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 27, 2003 02:01 PM UTC

Hi Aaron, We have looked into building a lightweight XHTML display but have no timeframe yet. Have you considered wrapping the IE activeX control? This faq talks about a HTML editor control (IE wrapper) that can be used to treat the WebBrowser control more like a document display engine than a browser. Best regards, Daniel Syncfusion, Inc

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon