We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Date Validation Failure

Hi,

I'm currently trying to handle date validation within a cell and when validation fails the focus doesn't seem to set back to the cell properly.

If you see in the attached project when an invalid date is entered, for example 6/ , a message box is displayed. I'd like for the cursor to be placed back in the cell and the user to be able to type again. Right now we're forced to click the cell again in order to enable editting.

I have also tried handling the TableControlCurrentCellConfirmChangesFailed event to call BeginEdit(true); on the cell but this does not work.

DateValidation0.zip

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 10, 2006 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Paulo,

We will work out for a solution and let you know the details soon. Thanks for being patience.

Best regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2006 03:53 PM UTC

Any word on this yet?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 23, 2006 05:37 AM UTC

Hi Paulo,

Our apologies for the delay in response.

You can handle the CurrentCellValidating event and use the MoveTo method to activate the currentcell. Here is a code snippet

private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellValidating( object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlCancelEventArgs e )
{
if ( e.TableControl.CurrentCell.Renderer.StyleInfo.CellValueType == typeof( DateTime ) )
{
object cellVal = e.TableControl.CurrentCell.Renderer.ControlValue;
string cellText = e.TableControl.CurrentCell.Renderer.ControlText;

if ( ( cellVal == null )
&& ( ( cellText != String.Empty )
|| ( cellText != null ) ) )
{
MessageBox.Show( "error" );
e.Inner.Cancel = true;
int row = e.TableControl.CurrentCell.RowIndex;
int col = e.TableControl.CurrentCell.ColIndex;
e.TableControl.CurrentCell.MoveTo(row, col, GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus);

}
}
}

Sample : ModifiedWindowsApplication3.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 23, 2006 10:20 PM UTC

This appears to work. Thank you

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon