We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

prefill text in a gridgroupingcontrol cell

Hi,

I am using a gridgroupingcontrol. In one of the column, I am using mask. The format I need is ####-####. Here is what I have done,
gridColumnDescriptor3.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = "MaskEdit";
gridColumnDescriptor3.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.MaskEdit.Mask = "####-####";
gridColumnDescriptor3.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.MaskEdit.PaddingCharacter = '0';

The issue I face is, if the column has only 7 digits like 1234567 it pads with a trailing zero, so it becomes 12345670, whereas I want a padding with leading zero like 01234567.

Is there a way to do this. Let me know if you need any more information on this.

Thanks
Manoj

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 10, 2006 06:59 AM UTC

Hi Manoj,

This is the default behavior of the MaskEdit cell type, however to get the desired behavior, you can use DrawCellDisplayText event and set the e.DispalyText to some new value to want to display. Here is a code snippet

private void gridDrawCellDisplayText(object sender, GridDrawCellDisplayTextEventArgs e)
{
if( e.Style.CellType == "MaskEdit"
&& e.Style.Text != e.DisplayText )
{
int iTrailZero = e.DisplayText.Length - e.Style.Text.Length;
string sTrailZero = string.Empty;
for(int i= 1;i sTrailZero += '0';
e.DisplayText = sTrailZero + e.DisplayText.Substring(0,e.DisplayText.Length-iTrailZero + 1);
}
}

Best Regards,
Haneef

MB Manoj Bhaskarakurup November 11, 2006 01:02 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but the code does not work as expected. It changes the mask after to #####-### after prefixing with a zero using this code. The expected mask is ####-####.

Thanks
Manoj

>Hi,

I am using a gridgroupingcontrol. In one of the column, I am using mask. The format I need is ####-####. Here is what I have done,
gridColumnDescriptor3.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = "MaskEdit";
gridColumnDescriptor3.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.MaskEdit.Mask = "####-####";
gridColumnDescriptor3.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.MaskEdit.PaddingCharacter = '0';

The issue I face is, if the column has only 7 digits like 1234567 it pads with a trailing zero, so it becomes 12345670, whereas I want a padding with leading zero like 01234567.

Is there a way to do this. Let me know if you need any more information on this.

Thanks
Manoj

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 13, 2006 04:35 AM UTC

Hi Manoj,

You can use string.Replace method to replace the "-" string to String.Empty andthen insert the "-" string at 4th place of the e.DisplayText. Below is a code snippet

private void gridControl1_DrawCellDisplayText(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridDrawCellDisplayTextEventArgs e)
{
if( e.Style.CellType == "MaskEdit"
&& e.Style.Text != e.DisplayText )
{
int iTrailZero = e.DisplayText.Length - e.Style.Text.Length;
string sTrailZero = string.Empty;

for(int i = 1;i sTrailZero += '0';
e.DisplayText = sTrailZero + e.DisplayText.Substring(0,e.DisplayText.Length-iTrailZero + 1);

e.DisplayText = e.DisplayText.Replace("-",string.Empty);
e.DisplayText = e.DisplayText.Insert( 4,"-");
}
}

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon