We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

updating the datasource

I'm using the GridDataBoundGrid and would like to figure out how one is one able to force an update to the datasource after editing a cell. The ListChangedEvent is fired after editing a cell then moving to a cell of any other row, but I would like it to fire after moving to any other cell including those in the same row. I'm assuming that there may be a cell event to subscribe to, but not sure which is the best to use. Also, are there any other alternatives to cell events?

Thanks for any help.

Nathan

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 9, 2006 08:59 AM UTC

Hi Nathan,

To push all data to underlying datasource for every cell movement, you need to call in Binder.EndEdit Method(before calling this , you need to call the CurrentCell''s Edit method). Here is a code snippet.

this.grid.CurrentCell.EndEdit(); //saves the currentcell
this.grid.Binder.EndEdit(); //removes the pencil

Best Regards,
Haneef

NA nathan November 9, 2006 05:19 PM UTC

...And just so I'm clear, this can be done by subscribing to the CurrentCellEditingComplete event? Or, is there another event to subscribe to?

Thanks for the help!

Nathan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 10, 2006 04:48 AM UTC

Hi Nathan,

You can use the CurrentCellMoving event handler to update all data to underlying datasource for every cell movement

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon