We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Formatting the text copied to clipboard to RTF Format

Is there a way to copy/past outside a grid(Multiple columns) where the cell formatting is retained i.e. copy from the grid to the clipboard, then paste into a Word doc so that the font and text positions are retained.

when user selects specific area and copies( ctrl+c) and then paste to any editor(word,notepad..), we need the format of the copied data to be retained. so we thought of a approach, where after the user copies the data(ctrl+c), we try to change the format of the data copied to the clipboard to RTF so that the format will be retained.

Please let me know your suggestions and the ways to do it.Expecting your reply

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 8, 2006 09:12 AM UTC

Hi Venki,

Please refer to the below forum thread for more details.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=8341

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 9, 2006 04:10 AM UTC

The link talks about copying the exisiting RTF control and pasting it. But my need is to copy some portion of grid which may not contain any RTF controls and paste it to some editor which should retain the same format as it is in the grid.
so we thought of converting the copied portion to RTF format in clipboard, so that the format will be retained.

Any lights on this issue???

Expecting .....

Venki

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 9, 2006 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Anna,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Right now, we don't have any sample regarding RTF format issue. Please refer to the below forum thread for copying the custom object in Clipboard event.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=10877

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon