We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Add controls to SplashPanel

This must be a stupid question, but I don't seem to be able to add controls to a SplashPanel. I put a SplashPanel on a form, and tried to place a label on the SplashPanel. But the label would belong to the form, but not the SplashPanel.
Can someone tell me how to do that?
Thanks.
FS

3 Replies

GS Gopalakrishnan S Syncfusion Team November 7, 2006 07:57 PM UTC

Hi,
Sorry for the inconvenience. This is a known issue and this has been fixed in version 4.3.
However, you can add the child control to the SplashPanel through in code also.
ex:
this.splashPanel1.Controls.AddRange(new System.Windows.Forms.Control[] {this.Label1});

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.
Regards,
S.Gopal.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 8, 2006 07:17 PM UTC

Hi Gopal,
Thanks for the reply. It works somewhat: if it is a dynamically created control, then it can be added to SplashScreen. If the control is already added to the form using VS designer, then it still doesn't work.
FS

PR Purusothaman R Syncfusion Team November 8, 2006 09:57 PM UTC

Hi,

In the Versions prior to 4.3, when a Control (say myButton) is added to the SplashPanel, code is wrongly created as

this.Controls.Add(this.myButton);

instead of

this.mySplashPanel.Controls.Add(this.myButton);

This is the reason why, controls are not added to the SplashPanel automatically. This was a known issue and it has been fixed in v.4.3.

You can download the latest version which includes this fix.

Thanks,
Purusothaman.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon