We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Improving the performance of a virtual grid

We are using a virtual grid to display a 40 column, variable row Grid Control. The entire grid is refreshed every second. If the number of rows is more then the refresh takes ip 100% CPU and is very slow. Can you tell me what steps i can take to reduce the CPU usage and improve performance?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 7, 2006 04:29 AM UTC

Hi Thales,

Please refer to the TraderGridTest browser ( \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.25\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Performance\TraderGridTest ) sample which demonstrates the frequent updates in random cells across the grid while keeping the CPU usage at a minimum level. A timer changes cells in short intervals, inserts and removes rows.

Also refer to the below forum thread for resovling the filckering issue in a grid.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=51230

Best Regards,
Haneef

VG Vijayarajan Govindarajan November 7, 2006 04:21 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

I tried the sample, it works fine. But in my application, i do not know whether the data in the virtual grid has changed or not. So i loop through all the rows and display the data for all the row/col combinations. This is again taking 100 % CPU. Is there any other solution?

Thanks,
Thales

>Hi Thales,

Please refer to the TraderGridTest browser ( \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.25\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Performance\TraderGridTest ) sample which demonstrates the frequent updates in random cells across the grid while keeping the CPU usage at a minimum level. A timer changes cells in short intervals, inserts and removes rows.

Also refer to the below forum thread for resovling the filckering issue in a grid.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=51230

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 8, 2006 09:53 AM UTC

Hi Thales,

You can use the Grid.Invalidate method to refresh the grid Or You can have a hashtable to maintain the changed cell information in a grid and can refresh the changed cell using the Grid.InvalidateRange method. Please try the suggestion and let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon