We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Exporting GridControl to Excel

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

51403 Nov 3,2006 10:32 PM UTC Nov 7,2006 09:11 AM UTC Windows Forms 3
Tags: XlsIO
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On November 3, 2006 10:32 PM UTC

I am exporting grid control to excel. The export works well except for column with datatype DateTime where it displays T. I will appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Sachin

Replied On November 6, 2006 09:44 AM UTC

Hi Sachin,

If you set the GridStyleInfo.StyleInfo.Format property for your DateTime column, then the export should work ok. Here is the sample we ship created to show this idea.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GDBGExport_2b9d6b4f.zip

Let us know if this is not what you wanted.

Regards,
Haneef

Replied On November 6, 2006 09:46 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

Export works well if only Date is exported but if Time is exported It dont work. Also always time portion of date gets truncated & if manually changed using format cell in excel it shows the truncated time & also the time. I think the problem is with cell formatting & the format is always set to date instead of Date & Time.

Replied On November 7, 2006 09:11 AM UTC

Hi Sachin,

Please refer to the following sample which demonstrates the excel export in a grid without date/time format issues. Is it possible for you to modify the sample to reproduce the issue here?

Here is a sample
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GDBGExport_fecc01cd.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;