We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridDataBoundGrid copy/paste header?

How can I copy/paste column header as well as data when I select the whole table and do a copy/paste to excel?

Thanks.

Edmond

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 6, 2006 07:14 AM UTC

Hi Edmond ,

If all you want to do is copy and paste the text (including headers) from the grid into Excel, then try setting this property.
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.CutPaste.ClipboardFlags |= GridDragDropFlags.ColHeader;

Then when you click on cell 0,0, and paste into Excel, the column headers should also be included.

If you actually want to export an XLS file, then take a look at the sample Essential Studio\4.3.0.30\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\Excel Export which shows how this can be done.

Please let us know if you have further questions on this matter.

Best Regards,
Haneef

EL Edmond Lee November 7, 2006 09:13 AM UTC

That's exactly what I wanted to do. Thanks.

Edmond Lee

AS Ashok May 10, 2007 11:57 PM UTC

I want this feature in Syncfusion.Grid.Grouping.Windows not in "gridDataBoundGrid1"

>Hi Edmond ,

If all you want to do is copy and paste the text (including headers) from the grid into Excel, then try setting this property.
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.CutPaste.ClipboardFlags |= GridDragDropFlags.ColHeader;

Then when you click on cell 0,0, and paste into Excel, the column headers should also be included.

If you actually want to export an XLS file, then take a look at the sample Essential Studio\4.3.0.30\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\Excel Export which shows how this can be done.

Best Regards,
Haneef

AS Ashok May 10, 2007 11:57 PM UTC

I want this feature in Syncfusion.Grid.Grouping.Windows not in "gridDataBoundGrid1"

>

>Hi Edmond ,

Best Regards,
Haneef

AS Ashok May 11, 2007 12:34 AM UTC

Thanks Haneef my problem solved
>Hi Edmond ,

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon