We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

UserControl based on Syncfusion.Edit and licensing

Hi,
I have a question about licensing.
I have created a control based on UserControl, which contain Syncfusion.Edit(as private member)
This control is placed in the separate assembly. Resources of this assembly contain information about Syncfusion license.

Now I want that other users that do not have Syncfusion Suite installed, add my control to their Toolbox in Visual Studio and use it in their forms - they do not access Syncfusion.Edit directly.
Is it possible and what necessary components should present on their computers?

2 Replies

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team November 2, 2006 08:50 PM UTC

Hi Olga,

I regret for the delay in getting back to you.

We are working on this issue.

I will update you in the next 24 hours.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Nanda

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team November 7, 2006 08:58 AM UTC

Hi Olga,

Thank you for your interest in Essential Studio.

In order to make an user control working on a machine where Syncfusion is not installed, please follow the steps shown below,

1) Set the 'CopyLocal' property of the Syncfusion assemblies in the SolutionExplorer to 'true' in the development machine and build the application.

2) The user may find the copy of the Syncfusion assemblies in the output folder.

3) When the user want to deploy it to another machine, user need to copy the control along with the Syncfusion assemblies in the output folder to that machine.

4) Drag the Syncfusion assemblies in to Global Assembly Cache (C:\Windows\Assembly).

Please try this and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Kumaresh.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon