We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Stop GridDataBoundGrid from showing DateTimePicker

When I assign a data source which has DateTime fields to a GridDataBoundGrid, it always shows DateTimePicker in the corersponding columns. How do I disable that? I want just plain DateTime converted to string. Thanks!

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 1, 2006 11:30 AM UTC

Hi Andrey,

Please try changing the cell type to textbox and set the format to include the both date and time.

//format column so no dropdown
GridStyleInfo style = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.InternalColumns[0].StyleInfo;
style.CellType = "TextBox";
style.CellValueType = typeof(DateTime);
style.Format = "MM/dd/yy HH:mm:ss:fff";

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 1, 2006 06:48 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

It doesn't work.

Regards,
Andrey

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 1, 2006 11:57 PM UTC

how do you do this in a grid grouping control

>Hi Haneef,

It doesn't work.

Regards,
Andrey

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 2, 2006 03:45 AM UTC

Hi Andrey ,

Try this code snippet to change the celltype of the cell in a grid. Here is a code snippet

//For maintable...
this.grid.TableDescriptor.Columns["ColumnName"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = "TextBox";

//For NestedTable.
this.grid.GetTableDescriptor("TableName").Columns["ColumnName"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = "TextBox";

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 3, 2006 12:29 PM UTC

Hello,

1) I am talking about GridDataBoundGrid, not about some "grid grouping control"...

2) Haneef, GridDataBoundGrid does not have the "TableDescriptor" property...

3) If you really want to help, please try testing your solutions before suggesting.

Thank you.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 6, 2006 04:46 AM UTC

Hi Andrey,

My sincere appologies for the inconvenience caused. The attached sample shows you how to change the appearance of the DateTime column cells in a grid. Please try it and let me know if you are trying something different.

Here is a sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/AppearanceDateTimeColumn_bb17bdc3.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 6, 2006 09:00 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

Thanks for your help, it worked! I must have been doing something wrong when you suggested this solution first time, sorry :)

Thanks again!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon