We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Icon in Stacked GroupBar header

I've got a stacked GroupBar control with icons in the GroupBarItems. I would like the header to show the corresponding icon when the Item is selected, not just the text. How can I achieve this?
Thanks
-Andy

3 Replies

PR Purusothaman R Syncfusion Team October 31, 2006 01:30 AM UTC

Hi Andy,

Currently it;s not possible to have an Icon in the GroupBar Header. Because by the design of GroupBar, the Header is not a Control. Its just a painted area.

I will forward this to the development team to implement your request as an feature.

So as an work around, place a PictureBox over the desired area of the GroupBar header. Set the SizeMode to "StretchImage" and bring it to the Top over the Groupbar. Now you can assign the Icon of the selected GroupBarItem to the PictureBox in the "GroupBarItemSelected" event.

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Thanks,
Purusothaman.R

AJ Andy Johns November 1, 2006 09:59 PM UTC

Adding it as a built-in feature would be great.

I've resolved the issue for now by subclassing the GroupBar control, and overriding the DrawStackedGroupBar method to add in a bit of code to draw the selected GroupBarItem's icon before the header text.

Thanks
-Andy

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team November 1, 2006 10:43 PM UTC

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the update. We can make it as a feature in the future releases.

Regards,
Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon