We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

support for MSWord::Fields

My applications uses MSWord::Fields to populate document templates containing fields with application data. Can this be done using DocIO? If so, Please provide an example. If not, can you suggest an alternative?

3 Replies

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team October 29, 2006 04:26 PM UTC

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential DocIO.

Yes, we do have the support for merging the data to the merge fields in the word document using Mailmerge feature in Essential DocIO. Please refer the following web sample that gets the data from Northwind database and merge the data to template document and streaming the output PDF and WORD documents to the client browser.

Sample :
Mail merge sample.zip

Also, you can find related samples in following url
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.30\Web\docio.web\Samples\2.0\Mailmerge

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Dhivya.

PZ Peter Zagres October 30, 2006 05:01 PM UTC

Thanks for your quick reply Dhivya. It look to me like these are mail merge fields. I am talking about reference fields (of the form { REF ProductName } and { REF 01PRODUCT } ). Without a big change in our application architecture, I don't think mail merge will work for us. At this point we need to be able to do the data merge in our code and we now use the word API and MSWord::Fields related methods and properties for doing this.

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team November 1, 2006 08:57 AM UTC

Hi Bob,

Currently we do not have support for Ms Word fields. However,I will consult with development team regarding their thoughts on this feature.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,
Dhivya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon