We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Column Width ResizeToFit

Hi

Does anyone have any problems with the 'ResizeToFit' function. I have a code snippet from the onclick event that changes the orientation of the text in the header.

I initially draw the grid with the header text at an orientation of 270.

My problem is that on Orientating the text to 0 the resize is inconsistent and the column width is resized to different sizes with single words being wrapped over 2 or 3 lines?
i.e.
Adve
rse
Eve
nts
rather than Adverse Events
(see attachment).

if (row == 0)
{
// then is a column header
// change orientation of text
// either 0 (horizontal) or 270 (vertical)
// turn off read-only (temporarily)
syncGrid.IgnoreReadOnly = true;
syncGrid[row, col].Font.Orientation = ((syncGrid[row, col].Font.Orientation % 180) == 0) ? 270 : 0;
syncGrid.IgnoreReadOnly = false;
// resize column
syncGrid.Model.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Col(col),GridResizeToFitOptions.IncludeHeaders);
}

Can anyone let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Best Regards,

David

Header---resize.zip

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 30, 2006 06:08 AM UTC

Hi David,

Please refer to the following sample which demonstrates the ResizeToFit method in a Grid without any issues. Is it possible for you to modify the sample to reproduce the issue here?

Here is a sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ResizeToFit_a1508aae.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

DH David Hook October 30, 2006 11:33 AM UTC

Hi Haneef

I have adjusted the sample code to reproduce the behavior I was experiencing in my application.

Please try clicking on the "Screening" column header multiple times. The Column gets resized to at least 3 different widths with text wrapping over up to 3 lines when the text orientation = 0.

Also, the "Completion" & "Unscheduled Visits" text get split over multiple lines
i.e.
Completio
n

and

Unschedul
ed Visits

How can I 'force' complete words to be shown so I see
Completion

and

Unscheduled
Visits
?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

David

ResizeToFit2.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 30, 2006 12:09 PM UTC

Hi David,

Try setting the WrapText property of the column header to false in a grid. Below is a code snippet

gridControl1[row, col].WrapText = false;

Here is a modified sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ResizeToFit_6d1db900.zip

Regards,
Haneef

DH David Hook October 30, 2006 03:50 PM UTC

Thanks Haneef

Best Regards,

David

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon