We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DockingManger on an MDI tab page causes error

Greetings,

I have a form which is an MDI tab page. There is a docking manager on the form which manages only a single textbox.

As long as the textbox is being managed by the docking manager I am not able to right click the MDI tab and select "Close" without getting an error. I can, however, click the 'X' to close the window without error.

When I remove the following line of designer generated code I no longer get the error:

this.dockingManagerContentWindowTemplate.SetEnableDocking(this.ContentRowError, true);

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Here follows the error message:

General Information

Additonal Info:
ExceptionManager.MachineName: 7994_003058
ExceptionManager.TimeStamp: 10/26/2006 4:31:04 PM
ExceptionManager.FullName: Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement, Version=1.0.2463.21584, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=efbb3537e5864961
ExceptionManager.AppDomainName: *
ExceptionManager.ThreadIdentity: *
ExceptionManager.WindowsIdentity: *

1) Exception Information
Exception Type: System.Exception
Message: CLIENT EXCEPTION: TYPE: System.NullReferenceException. MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. SOURCE: System.Windows.Forms. STACKTRACE: at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabControlAdv.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam). INNEREXCEPTION: Unable to obtain ex.InnerException
TargetSite: NULL
HelpLink: NULL
Source: NULL

Exception Information
System.Exception: CLIENT EXCEPTION: TYPE: System.NullReferenceException. MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. SOURCE: System.Windows.Forms. STACKTRACE: at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.

2 Replies

RA Robert Alonso October 27, 2006 12:01 AM UTC

Sorry, I should specify that I am using VS.NET 2003 and the .NET framework 1.1. The Syncfusion tools version is 2.0.5.0.

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team October 27, 2006 04:01 PM UTC

Hi Robert,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This is a known issue regarding the TabControlAdv associated with a TabbedMDIManager in v2.0.5.0. It is fixed in v3.0.1.0 and later versions. Could you have any idea on upgrading to latest version?. Please let me know. Here is the link to products page
Products

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Murugan P.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon