We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Showing intellisense-like tooltips in DropDown cells part of GridControls

Hi,

I have a GridControl and one of the cells has DropDownStyle of GridDropDownStyle.AutoComplete.
In order to help the user decide which option to take I would like to show intellisense-like tooltips next to the option currently selected. It is too much information to have in the DropDown itself. Is it possible to do so?

Thanks in advance,

JV

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 27, 2006 05:20 AM UTC

Hi Jornei,

The attached sample shows how to add the tooltip to the dropdown control in a grid and also how to display the different text in a tooltip object. Below is a code snippet for GridListControl

//form load....
GridDropDownGridListControlCellRenderer cr = this.gridControl1.CellRenderers["GridListControl"] as GridDropDownGridListControlCellRenderer;
cr.ListControlPart.Grid.PrepareViewStyleInfo +=new GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventHandler(Grid_PrepareViewStyleInfo);

private void Grid_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
GridControl grid = sender as GridControl;
this.toolTip1.SetToolTip( grid,e.Style.Text);
}

Here is a sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/DropDownToolTip_61634fb8.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

JV JV October 27, 2006 07:31 PM UTC

Thanks Haneef. This is exactly what I was looking for.

JV

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon