We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridDataBoundGrid throwing exception during edit

I have a GridDataBound grid bound to an IBindingList.
If a cell is edited the binder correctly sets the value of the property. However setting the value of the property causes an update to be fired on the IBindingList; which the grid doesn't like (IllegalProgramState exception; message "Grid in update".
Question: How can I prevent the change being written back to the binding list so that I can grid.EndUpdate() and then write the change back safely.

Thanks,

James

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 26, 2006 10:31 AM UTC

Hi Mulveyja,

If you have our source code, then getting a debug build of the libraries would allow you to step down in our source and see exactly what line/object in that method is triggerring this exception. That would be the quickest way to see what is causing this. If you can upload a sample showing the problem, we can debug it here.

Are there multiple threads involved in your appilcation? If so, please check the Knowledge Base(KB) article link below.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=78

Intermittant errors can be indications of threading issues. Any calls into the grid must be done on the thread that creates it, and you can use grid.InvokeRequired to check for this.

Thanks,
Haneef

JM James Mulvey October 30, 2006 04:41 PM UTC

No multiple threads involved.
Have debugged through and tracked down the issue:

If a Refresh() is fired on the grid during an edit commit (i.e. as a result of binding) then the grid stacks.
Looks like the Refresh() ought to have some check for Grid.Updating.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 31, 2006 05:17 AM UTC

Hi Jamulvey,

Is it possible for you to upload us more details or modify the browser sample to reproduce the issue here? So we can debug the issue as early as possible.

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon