We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Possible LoadDockState broken in 4.3

Our application now using Syncfusion 4.2. I tried update Syncfusion to the version 4.3 and found out that LoadDockState isn't working if window that DockingManager restoring ins't in it - in this case DockingManager 4.3 doesn't fire InitializeControlOnLoad event! And when I check your codes, I found very strange change in DockingManager.ApplyDeserializedState method:

foreach( String ctrlname in dmgrserializer.htDHCWrapper.Keys )
{
bool bcontrolinitialized = false;
foreach( Control enabledcontrol in this.alEnableDocking )
{
if( enabledcontrol.Name != ctrlname )
{
bcontrolinitialized = true;
break;
}
}
if( bcontrolinitialized == false )
{
this.OnInitializeControlOnLoad(new InitializeControlOnLoadEventArgs(ctrlname));
}
}

The line if( enabledcontrol.Name != ctrlname ) was in 4.2 as if( enabledcontrol.Name == ctrlname ) and it was correct, because names of window should be equal to mark it as initialized.

To reproduce this problem take LinkedManager sample, change flag bDisposeControlsOnClose to true and compile it. in 4.2 it is working fine, but not in 4.3.

I will be happy if it isn't bug, but my mistake. Otherwise, I discouraged by this changes.

6 Replies

MA Malarvizhi Syncfusion Team October 25, 2006 09:10 AM UTC

Hi Orehov,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We were able to reproduce the issue here. This is a known issue. We have fixed the issue internally and our next patch will contain the bug fix.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Malarvizhi.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 25, 2006 12:53 PM UTC

Do do I can obtain fixed version?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 25, 2006 12:55 PM UTC

Sorry -

_How_ do I can obtain fixed version?

WBR,Artjom

MA Malarvizhi Syncfusion Team October 25, 2006 02:02 PM UTC

Hi Orehov,

Could you please create the Direct-Trac Incident to obtain the private patch and also let me know the Visual Studio version.
Regards,
Malarvizhi.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 25, 2006 02:48 PM UTC

Done. Incident # 29178

But. We can't realease our product with such patched version. We interested not in fast, but in complete and stable major release.

When, approximaly, do you plan to make such release?

Thank you.

WBR,Artjom

MA Malarvizhi Syncfusion Team October 26, 2006 05:08 AM UTC

Hi Orehiv,
I am unable to promise you any timeframe for the next release.This release will be probably by the mid of next month or so.
We will update you by tomorrow with patch or private patch.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Malarvizhi.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon