We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Data format for plus/minus

How do I need to arrange the data to support the plus/minus feature? Do I need multiple tables, relationships?

Currently, I have one table with three items (name, item, id) in a single table, with multiple entries per name. I want item and id to be sorted as child items for each name. Do I need to break up my table? If so, into what? Thanks. Any comments appreciated.
-Matthew

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 30, 2006 06:45 AM UTC

Hi Matthew,

Please refer to the GroupCustomers browser sample for more detail.
[install path]\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.25\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\GroupCustomers\cs

Thanks,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 30, 2006 07:41 PM UTC

Haneef. Thanks for the reply, but we are currently using version 3.2.1.0, and I do not find this example in the grouping samples directory. Is it possible to download the sample from elsewhere?
Thank you, Matthew.

>Hi Matthew,

Please refer to the GroupCustomers browser sample for more detail.
[install path]\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.25\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\GroupCustomers\cs

Thanks,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 31, 2006 05:28 AM UTC

Hi Matthew,

Yes, you can download the sample from the below link.

Here is a link.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GroupCustomers_7d720bee.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 31, 2006 07:06 PM UTC

Thanks Haneef,
I figured out the problem. I had set: "Me.Grid.ChildGroupOptions.ShowCaption = False", without realizing that by not displaying the caption I was also removing the capability to group items (and, by extension, to have +/- buttons for each group). Problem solved now, thanks again,
-Matthew

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon