We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Enable/Disable Menu

Hi I can seem to disable menu items when i load a page however I cannot enable them when i make a call back and I get an error thrown Invoke Debugger these are sitting inside a user control

this works on load
Protected Sub disablemenuitems()
Dim filemenu As Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools.MenuItem = Me.customerhistoryMenu.Items(0)
Dim saveitems As Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools.MenuItem = filemenu.Items(1)
saveitems.Disabled = True

Dim filemenucontext As Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools.MenuItem = Me.customerhistoryContextMenu.Items(0)
Dim contextsaveitems As Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools.MenuItem = filemenucontext.Items(1)
contextsaveitems.Disabled = True

End Sub

this loads the page however with erros then occasionaly throw the error

Protected Sub enablemenuitems()
Dim filemenu As Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools.MenuItem = Me.customerhistoryMenu.Items(0)
Dim saveitems As Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools.MenuItem = filemenu.Items(1)
saveitems.Disabled = False

Dim filemenucontext As Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools.MenuItem = Me.customerhistoryContextMenu.Items(0)
Dim contextsaveitems As Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools.MenuItem = filemenucontext.Items(1)
contextsaveitems.Disabled = False

End Sub

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 23, 2006 11:00 PM UTC

Hi Maurice,

Sorry for delay in getting back to you.
May i know what version of syncfusion are you using ?.

We had this problem in 4.3.0.30 and higher.
If you say the version of what you are using, we can provide the neccessary binaries or Service pack.

Thanks,
G.Pradeep.

>Hi I can seem to disable menu items when i load a page however I cannot enable them when i make a call back and I get an error thrown Invoke Debugger these are sitting inside a user control

this works on load

End Sub

End Sub

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 24, 2006 03:06 AM UTC

I beleive i have 4.3.0.30 however I am still evauluating the asp.net essential tools are you still able to provide me with a service pack/binaries?

>Hi Maurice,

If you say the version of what you are using, we can provide the neccessary binaries or Service pack.

Thanks,
G.Pradeep.

>Hi I can seem to disable menu items when i load a page however I cannot enable them when i make a call back and I get an error thrown Invoke Debugger these are sitting inside a user control

this works on load

End Sub

End Sub

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 24, 2006 09:43 AM UTC

I can confirm that I have 4.3.0.30

>I beleive i have 4.3.0.30 however I am still evauluating the asp.net essential tools are you still able to provide me with a service pack/binaries?

>Hi Maurice,

Thanks,
G.Pradeep.

this works on load

End Sub

End Sub

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 24, 2006 07:13 PM UTC

Hi Maurice,

We will update you at the earliest and we will get back to you with a Service Pack.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Thanks once again,
G.Pradeep.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 25, 2006 08:38 AM UTC

thankyou your help has been great i have only been coding with asp.net a short time. I wish to test my application on my server however the bin directory of my site does not contain any references to your dll I suspect the dll are in the GAC. I am not ver familar with the GAC and I am a little worried out playing with it. I have tried to add a reference to the dll's however I get a compile error do i need to change the register tags ? how can i add a reference and get my app to refer to the local bin folder dll's?

Thank you in advance

>Hi Maurice,

We will update you at the earliest and we will get back to you with a Service Pack.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Thanks once again,
G.Pradeep.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 26, 2006 07:33 AM UTC

Hi Maurice,
1.Copy the Assemblies ( Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.x.x.x\Precompiledassemblies) to the 'bin' folder .
2. Remove the version number and culture attribute in the Register Tag.

Example:<%@ Register Assembly="syncfusion.Tools.Web,PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" Namespace="Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

3.Remove the assembly reference in 'Web.config' file for these Assemblies if exist.
Please let me know if you have further queries.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 26, 2006 01:21 PM UTC

Sorry for the missed example.

Here is the content.
Example:<%@ Register Assembly="syncfusion.Tools.Web,PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"  Namespace="Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools" TagPrefix="cc1" %&;gt

Regards
Sureshsekaran

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 26, 2006 09:57 PM UTC

works perfect thanks guys

>
Sorry for the missed example.

Here is the content.
Example:<%@ Register Assembly="syncfusion.Tools.Web,PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"  Namespace="Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools" TagPrefix="cc1" %&;gt

Regards
Sureshsekaran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon