We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking Manager Dockstate File v4.2.0.37

Hi,

I've attached a sample to illustrate our problem. If you run it and try to view the docked Tools menu it won't open. The dockstate is loaded from a file in the NewDockStateEndLoad event and saved in the form Closed event.
This can happen quite often and our current workaround is to delete the dockstate file. Is there something we can check for on startup and reset a property?

Using Syncfusion v4.2.0.37 with Visual Studio 2003 .NET v1.1.

Thanks for your help.
Neil Blackburn

FrontOffice.zip

6 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team October 19, 2006 02:36 PM UTC

Hi Neil,

Herewith I have attached the modified sample for your reference. Please go through the sample and let me if the issue is resolved.
FrontOffice.zip

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Murugan P.S

NB Neil Blackburn October 20, 2006 10:57 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response and code change. It does fix the problem when we use v4.2.0.37.

However the previous version of our product uses v3.3 and I can still reproduce the problem. Is v3.3 still supported?

Regards,
Neil Blackburn

NB Neil Blackburn October 23, 2006 10:55 AM UTC

Hi,

I've managed to create a sample which replicates the problem in v3.3. I hope you can provide me with a workaround in this version also.

Thanks,
Neil Blackburn

FrontOfficeUsingv3.3.zip

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team October 25, 2006 03:16 PM UTC

Hi Neil,

Please delete the files from
1.C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Local Settings\Application Data\IsolatedStorage
2.FrontOffice\FrontOffice\bin folder
and let me know if the issue is resolved.

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

NB Neil Blackburn October 26, 2006 10:09 AM UTC

Hi,

Yes it resolves the problem, we already tell our clients to delete the xml file as a workaround.

As the problem occurs regularly is there anything I can put in the code to trap for this and reset something?

Thanks,
Neil Blackburn

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team October 26, 2006 03:08 PM UTC

Hi Neil,

Please use the code below and let me know if the issue is resolved.

private void Form1_Closed(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
FileInfo fi = new FileInfo( Application.StartupPath + @"\test~dockstate" );
if ( fi.Exists )
{
fi.Delete();
}
AppStateSerializer serialiser;
serialiser = new AppStateSerializer(SerializeMode.XMLFile, Application.StartupPath + @"\test~dockstate" );
dockingManager1.SaveDockState( serialiser );
serialiser.PersistNow();
}

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon