We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Abrupt behaviour of Readonly Property of cells

The problems being faced in Syncfusion Grid Control:
(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl)

If we set the ReadOnly property of either a column or a cell of Grid as True and then reset it as False then it does not work i.e. the ReadOnly property remains True till the time we restructure the grid i.e. reset the rowcount as 0 and repopulate the grid.

2 Replies

MC Mukesh Chawla October 18, 2006 11:17 AM UTC

The Version of Grid Control is : 4.2.0.37

>The problems being faced in Syncfusion Grid Control:
(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl)

If we set the ReadOnly property of either a column or a cell of Grid as True and then reset it as False then it does not work i.e. the ReadOnly property remains True till the time we restructure the grid i.e. reset the rowcount as 0 and repopulate the grid.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 18, 2006 03:43 PM UTC

Hi Mukesh,

You need to set the IgnoreReadOnly property to true, to make changes to the readonly cells. So, you need to first set the IgnoreReadOnly to true and then set the ReadOnly property of the cell to false and again set back the IgnoreReadOnly property to false.

this.gridControl1.IgnoreReadOnly = true;
// make changes to the readonly cells
this.gridControl1.IgnoreReadOnly = false;

Take a look into this KB article for more information on setting properties for ReadOnly cells.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=338

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Regards,
Rajagopal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon