We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Translate ParentBarItem Popup menus

Hi there,
I'm using a ParentBarItem full of BarItems. It works fine but I need to translate all the text showed in the PopUp menu to spanish.
I have accesed to the CommandBar main popup menu with this code:

this.mainFrameBarManager1.GetCommandBarManager ( ).DockBarContextMenu.ParentBarItem.Items[ 1 ].Text = "Personalizar...";

But now I need to change texts from the PopUp menu attached to each ParentBarItem that I've defined. Texts like "Add or Remove Buttons" or similar.

How can I get programatically this Popup menu object?
Is there any better way to change the localization of these controls?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 18, 2006 10:55 AM UTC

Thanks in advance!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 18, 2006 04:49 PM UTC

Hi again,
I'm trying to use the Localization method proposed by Syncfusion in order to translate the associated code texts. I've created a dll called
Syncfusion.Tools.resources.dll

compiled as exposed at
[...]Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.30\Windows\Tools.Windows\Localization

I have compiled it, signed it and added into my exe bin directory under es-ES name but I can't make it works.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong
As far as I know about localization under .NET the resource.dll file must have the same name than the original one. I've tried this too but It still does not work

Thanks in advance again for your time!

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team October 18, 2006 08:26 PM UTC

Hi Paul,

You should create the satellite assembly as Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.resources.dll.

Please refer to the localization document attached below for detailed instructions.

Localization_of _Menu_Framework.zip

Please let me know if you need more assistance. Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Mano

PA Paul Ankho October 19, 2006 04:44 PM UTC

Hi again,

The state of the art of my localization project is the next one:
1. Now, I have all the resources translated to spanish
2. The Syncfusion.Tool.Windows.dll is recognizing it and all text resources are well shown.

I'm trying to reorganize the size of all the labels defined in CustomizationPanel.resx but I can't. Following the step number nine defined in the "Localization of Essential Tools" document I can only save a [...].Tools.XPMenus.CustomizationPanel.resx file but I can't create a .resources file in order to include it into my new spanish resource's dll.

How can I modify these label sizes defined at CustomizationPanel.rex in order to use them with my new big-sized translated text?

Thanks again for your patience!

PR Purusothaman R Syncfusion Team October 19, 2006 08:18 PM UTC

Hi Paul,

Resource Editor(ResEditor.exe) can't be used to change properties like Size and Location in a ".resource" file.

Actually there is no need to work with .resx file for localization. All the resources needed are present in the Localization folder (C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\[INSTALLED VERSION]\Windows\Tools.Windows\Localization\NeutralResources).

Use WinRes(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\SDK\v1.1\Bin) to open the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.CustomizationPanel.resources file and now you can modify the size and Location of all controls in the customization panel and save it.

Note: WinRes utility can be opened from the VS.NET 2003 command prompt by entering "winres".

Thanks,
Purusothaman.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon