We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

hdnField is null or not a object

Hello Syncfusion Team,

I think we need your help once again. I'm using a callbackpanel to dynammicly at a GroupingGrid into a placeholder which is placed in the callbackpanel. So long so good. Additionally I have a treeview where I trigger the callback function with some filter arguments for the grid. When I call the callback method the grid comes back fine incluing the applied filters, but then a javascript mesage box is poping up saying the message in the subject.
I looked into html source and saw that the control the getElementById function looks for did not exist.
I tested the callback method on server side in two ways:

1) Searching for the control in the placeholder and then apply changes.
2) Clear the ControlColection of the placeholder and add add a new gird.

Both ways throws the described error!
Additionally I discoverd, that the callback function seems to be called twice. I have no idea why this happens?

Do you have a hint for me?

Regards Michael

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 1, 2006 05:23 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

I apologise for the delay in updating this forum. We will look in to this and will update you as soon as possible.

In the mean time Could you please update us this issue only happens when using Treeview and grid in the PlaceHolder or you are able to see this even when using the GridGrouping control alone

Once again I apologize for the delay in response.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2006 01:57 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the delay in response.
Placing Callback panel inside the Place Holder control should avoid the above mentioned issue.In the sample provided here, Callback event is triggered by TreeView Item select client side event.
Grid grouping control data source is toggled in the callback refresh event based on the arguments passed.

CallBackWithPlaceHolder.zip

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,
Sureshsekaran.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon