We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

4.3 docking manager not ready for prime time

Installed this today and compared to the 4.2.0.61 release, the docking manager is just unusable.
Way too many instances of the app just crashing or the docking windows (user controls) just disappearing.

The disappearing happens quite often when it is the only control attached the docking manager and you attempt to dock it to the far left or far right.

You folks have got to get a handle on your testing procedures.

4 Replies

MA Mario October 16, 2006 12:20 AM UTC

And just in case the problem is somewhere else: please don't put your developers under too high pressure. Let them fulfill, what they think is necessary. Good results need time.

MA Malarvizhi Syncfusion Team October 16, 2006 02:55 PM UTC

Hi Robbe,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We were not able to reproduce the issue here. Could you please provide a sample having the issue?.This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Malarvizhi.

RM Robbe Morris October 16, 2006 08:18 PM UTC

My app uses user controls that are docked. It doesn't dock panels directly at all. It has one basic form that loads the user controls onto the docking manager. I'm using the VS2005 look and feel.

MA Malarvizhi Syncfusion Team October 17, 2006 09:49 AM UTC

Hi Robbe,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I was not able to reproduce the issue here.I used the following steps to reproduce the issue in the attached sample.

Step 1: Run the attached sample

Step 2:Load the form contains the usercontrol(in docked state) by menu.

Step 3: Add the Panel by menu.

Step 4:Try to dock the panel to the form contains the userControl.

Please follow the above steps and let me know, if i understood you correctly.

DockingMgr_UserControl.zip

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Malarvizhi

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon