We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Syntax Coloring Performance

Syncfusion,

I really like the Edit Control so far. Is there a way to improve the performace of the coloring when viewing large text file of 100KB or more? Currently with a file of this size as I scroll down the page the editor stops scrolling and jumps back to the top , or close to the top of the page and continues to scroll down again, but scrolls a little further each time. It continues to do this over and over agian until the end of the file is reached.

thank you
teamels

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 14, 2006 05:41 AM UTC

Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the delayed response. It is possible to improve the performance of EditControl when coloring large files by setting ConvertOnLoad property to false and ParsingMode property to PartialParsingNoFallback. I have attached a sample (that loads a 26MB file) that illustrates this in this link below.
Sample
Please let me know if this meets your requirements.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

EO Ernie Obregon October 17, 2006 04:31 AM UTC

Much better, thank you.

teamels

>Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the delayed response. It is possible to improve the performance of EditControl when coloring large files by setting ConvertOnLoad property to false and ParsingMode property to PartialParsingNoFallback. I have attached a sample (that loads a 26MB file) that illustrates this in this link below.
Sample
Please let me know if this meets your requirements.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon