We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Syntax Coloring Performance

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

50522 Oct 12,2006 11:01 PM Oct 17,2006 12:31 AM Windows Forms 2
Tags: EditControl
Ernie Obregon
Asked On October 12, 2006 11:01 PM

Syncfusion,

I really like the Edit Control so far. Is there a way to improve the performace of the coloring when viewing large text file of 100KB or more? Currently with a file of this size as I scroll down the page the editor stops scrolling and jumps back to the top , or close to the top of the page and continues to scroll down again, but scrolls a little further each time. It continues to do this over and over agian until the end of the file is reached.

thank you
teamels

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 14, 2006 01:41 AM

Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the delayed response. It is possible to improve the performance of EditControl when coloring large files by setting ConvertOnLoad property to false and ParsingMode property to PartialParsingNoFallback. I have attached a sample (that loads a 26MB file) that illustrates this in this link below.
Sample
Please let me know if this meets your requirements.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Ernie Obregon
Replied On October 17, 2006 12:31 AM

Much better, thank you.

teamels

>Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the delayed response. It is possible to improve the performance of EditControl when coloring large files by setting ConvertOnLoad property to false and ParsingMode property to PartialParsingNoFallback. I have attached a sample (that loads a 26MB file) that illustrates this in this link below.
Sample
Please let me know if this meets your requirements.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;