We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeView in Snap seems not to fire NavigateURL

Hello Syncfusion-Team,

I''m currently using two of your components in combination and have some problems ;-)
I''ve put a treeview control in a snap in the "ContentTemplate" area (on a Master-Page). On the first look everything works (renders) fine. But with the new version (4.302.0.32) the treeviewnodes do not trigger a redirect to the value I set in the NavigateURL property. The URL is rendered in the outcoming HTML as ClntNaviURL but did not work for any user interaction.
When I put the treeview out of the snap, everything looks good.

Does someone have a hint for me? Currently I ve no idea where the problem is located, because no JavaScript error is reported.
If you need any further information, please ask me.

Regards Carsten

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2006 02:34 PM UTC

Hi Carsten,

Herewith i have attached a sample placing Snap ,which has the TreeView in the Content Template embeded in the Master Page.But i am unable to reproduce the error.

So could you kindly try to reproduce your error in this sample. Or attach your sample, so it might be helpful for us.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/MasterPageInTreeView.zip

Regards,

Valli

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 16, 2006 12:16 PM UTC

I have a very similar problem. I'm building a treeview control at runtime and set the ClientSideOnNodeSelect property to "alert('test');" but nothing happens when a user clicks the item. What am I doing wrong? I also tested to hook the nodeselected ServerEvent by adding a handler in the page_init or page_load event with no success.

Someone have an idea which can help?

Regards Michael

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 16, 2006 08:00 PM UTC

Hello Syncfusion Team,

I'm now able to hook the NodeSelectedEvent, but I still can't get it to work to execute some Javascript which i put in ClientSideOnNodeSelect!?!

Can you help me?

Regards Michael

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 16, 2006 09:12 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

I have attached a sample here.
You can take a look over it.I have created a Tree and added nodes to it dynamically.
ClientSideOnSelectEvent on Dynamictree

If you have further queries, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
G.Pradeep.

>Hello Syncfusion Team,

I'm now able to hook the NodeSelectedEvent, but I still can't get it to work to execute some Javascript which i put in ClientSideOnNodeSelect!?!

Can you help me?

Regards Michael

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 17, 2006 11:25 AM UTC

Hello Syncfusion Team,

I got it working!!! Thanks for your great an fast support.

Regards Michael

PR Praveen Repakula July 14, 2008 06:01 PM UTC

I have one issue on this control.

I have a client side function that had to do a validation when I am doing a drag and drop and based on that validation output the page should be submitted or not.

But unfortunately when I write the ClientSideOnNodeDrop="return _valdiate(this)" the client side script doesn't work.

Can some one help on this or there is no way we could have a client side valdiation done?

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 15, 2008 09:52 AM UTC

Hi Praveen,

Thank you for the update.

I am able to see this issue in older versions. But this issue has been resolved in our latest Essential Studio 2008 Volume3. You can download this version from below forum thread:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=75132

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon