We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeViewAdv and Custom Drawing Feedback/Queries

Hi, I've been looking at the TreeViewAdv control in 1.6 RC1 with a lot of interest. But I've noticed that the custom drawing does not appear to be particularly flexible. For example, If I wanted to draw the node text string in multiple colors, I can't seem to do that without drawing the entire node (including checkboxes, images, etc). Since the NodePaint event appears to occur before the node is painted, any changes that I might make are overwritten unless I report the event as handled. Also the TextLocation property of the TreeNodeAdvPaintEventArgs doesn't appear to be set in the NodePaint event. Are there any plans on improving the custom drawing for this control? Thanks, Sue

8 Replies

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team June 17, 2003 02:03 PM UTC

Hi Sue, Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. The TreeViewAdv control is still under the development umbrella and therefore any feedback that you provide is extremely valuable to us. The development team has already taken note of your suggestions and you can expect to see the changes in the next release of Essential Tools. Prakash Syncfusion

SH Sue Harris June 17, 2003 08:07 PM UTC

Hi, I appreciate your quick response. Since you're interested in the feedback, I have some more. 1. The printDocument property doesn't appear to be using the margins. It always prints in the absolute top left corner. 2. A selected text color, selected text background color property on the node would be very useful. Thanks, Sue

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team June 20, 2003 01:50 PM UTC

Hi Sue, Thank you. This has been passed on to the development team. As always, we appreciate the feedback. Prakash Syncfusion

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 20, 2003 06:57 PM UTC

Hi, I am looking for a Tree with in a column. As we expand each node, grid will show more rows. A Hierarchical grid with unlimited number of node levels. A while back I saw some control like this called JTreeTable in Java Swing. Is there any way to integrate Grid into the tree or vice versa? thanks, - Reddy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 21, 2003 11:58 PM UTC

> Hi, > > I am looking for a Tree with in a column. As we expand each node, grid will show more rows. A Hierarchical grid with unlimited number of node levels. A while back I saw some control like this called JTreeTable in Java Swing. > > Is there any way to integrate Grid into the tree or vice versa? > > thanks, > - Reddy Hi Reddy, such functionality is planned for the grid in a future release soon after 2.0. Stefan

DM Don Mackenzie December 5, 2003 02:51 PM UTC

Reddy, Did you find something? I'm looking for the same thing.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 5, 2003 06:09 PM UTC

Hi Don, Have you looked at the VirtTree sample? It presents an interface that is very similar. Best regards, Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 6, 2003 05:15 PM UTC

Don, No, I have not found anything so far. I am painting my grid cells with some left text margin based on hierarchical level. This will make it look like the cells are part of a tree. But the user can not collapse/expand different levels. The virt tree sample can not be used here. It has its own complications and limitations. It is better to have a dedicated component that does this kind of thing rather than retro-fitting into some existing component. Grid control would be the right choice to extend from. cheers, - Reddy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon