We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Application Deployment

Syncfusion,

With the trial version of Essential Edit, can I deploy my project to see how it will install on a client machine ? I tried this earlier today and during the install process I recieved a message that the Syncfusion (blah, blah, blah) needed to be installed into the GAC. Please contact the vendor for information on this. That is not the exact message, but I hope you know what I mean. If you need a screen shot of the message let me know.

Thanks A lot
teamels

12 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 9, 2006 02:31 PM UTC

Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the delayed response. We are looking in to this issue and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

EO Ernie Obregon October 25, 2006 03:30 AM UTC

Any word on this subject?

thank you
teamels

>Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the delayed response. We are looking in to this issue and will get back to you shortly.

Regards,
Manohari.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 25, 2006 12:11 PM UTC

Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the delayed response and the inconvenience caused. I have tested for this issue with the evaluation version of 4.3.0.30 and was not able to see the problem. Please send us the screenshot of the error message that you get.

Regards,
Manohari.R

EO Ernie Obregon October 26, 2006 03:42 AM UTC

Attached is the error message I receive when installing my project onto a client machine. To deploy my project I used the Click Once Publishing Wizard in VB 2005.

thanks
teamels

>Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the delayed response and the inconvenience caused. I have tested for this issue with the evaluation version of 4.3.0.30 and was not able to see the problem. Please send us the screenshot of the error message that you get.

Regards,
Manohari.R

untitled26.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 27, 2006 02:43 PM UTC

Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the delayed response and thanks for the screen shots and the additional information. I have tested for this issue and was able to see the problem. I will update you with more information with in two days.

Regards,
Manohari.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 28, 2006 07:05 AM UTC

Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the delayed response and thanks for the screen shots and the additional information. I have tested for this issue and was able to see the problem. After further investigating this issue I found that it is possible to deploy the project that uses EditControl by following the given steps.

1. Create a new folder named "CopyAssemblies"(or any).

2. Copy the syncfusion assemblies (Syncfusion.Edit.Windows.dll etc) that are referenced in your application from the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies" to the "CopyAssemblies" folder.

3. Click Start->All Programs->Syncfusion->Essential Studio 4.3.0.30->Utilities->Assembly Manager

4. Select Remove all versions and Click Perform Action.

5. On completion of the action a dialog will appear. Click Ok.

6. Please remove or rename the 'Assemblies' folder, if found in the following location.
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\.

7. Also make sure that there are no syncfusion assemblies in the following paths:
(i). C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies
(ii).C:\Windows\Assembly\

8. In the Application folder, remove all temporary files including manifest files from the Excecution path that are created during the last run.

9. Open the application.

10. Remove the all the syncfusion references in the Solution Explorer.

11. RightClick References.

12. Click Add reference.

13. Click Browse and add the required references from the CopyAssemblies folder.

14. Select the added Syncfusion assemblies in the Solution Explorer. RightClick and Click Properties.

15. Set Copy Local property of the assemblies to true.

16. Publish the application.

17. Install the application in client machine.

Please follow the steps for testing this issue and let me know if this resolves your problem.

Regards,
Manohari.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 31, 2006 06:18 AM UTC

Looks like you did some pretty deep investigating, thank you for your efforts. However after following the steps as best I could my project is now plauged with errors. See attached bmp image of the VB 2005 screen showing the errors. The first error says that it can not process the code on line 525 referring to the Me.EditControl1 properties on the form keeping me from being able to open the Form Designer.

I then tried to undo the changed, but the same errors are still present. I then went to re-install the Syncfusion controls, however the same errors are still present.

any ideas?
thanks
teamels

>Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the delayed response and thanks for the screen shots and the additional information. I have tested for this issue and was able to see the problem. After further investigating this issue I found that it is possible to deploy the project that uses EditControl by following the given steps.

1. Create a new folder named "CopyAssemblies"(or any).

2. Copy the syncfusion assemblies (Syncfusion.Edit.Windows.dll etc) that are referenced in your application from the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies" to the "CopyAssemblies" folder.

3. Click Start->All Programs->Syncfusion->Essential Studio 4.3.0.30->Utilities->Assembly Manager

4. Select Remove all versions and Click Perform Action.

5. On completion of the action a dialog will appear. Click Ok.

6. Please remove or rename the 'Assemblies' folder, if found in the following location.
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\.

7. Also make sure that there are no syncfusion assemblies in the following paths:
(i). C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies
(ii).C:\Windows\Assembly\

8. In the Application folder, remove all temporary files including manifest files from the Excecution path that are created during the last run.

9. Open the application.

10. Remove the all the syncfusion references in the Solution Explorer.

11. RightClick References.

12. Click Add reference.

13. Click Browse and add the required references from the CopyAssemblies folder.

14. Select the added Syncfusion assemblies in the Solution Explorer. RightClick and Click Properties.

15. Set Copy Local property of the assemblies to true.

16. Publish the application.

17. Install the application in client machine.

Please follow the steps for testing this issue and let me know if this resolves your problem.

Regards,
Manohari.R

untitled29.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 31, 2006 08:27 AM UTC

Hi Teamels,

This problem occurs when both Syncfusion.edit.Windows and Syncfusion.edit.Windows.Legacy are used at the same time. Because both these controls uses same namespace, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit. The problem can be solved by removing the Syncfusion.edit.Windows.Legacy reference from your application.

Please test your application and let me know if this resolves your problem.

Regards,
Manohari.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 1, 2006 05:27 AM UTC

Ok, Yes the Legacy file was there. I removed this reference and all but one error went away. I recieve the error message shown in the bmp image that states Error while trying to run project. Unable to start debugging. The binding handle is invalid.

thanks
teamels

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 1, 2006 06:05 AM UTC

Ok nevermind the Binding handle is invalid error message. I found the cause of it. I had disabled the Terminal Services through the MS Config tool , once this was enabled and I rebooted the error went away.

Ok, I finaly got to Publish the project again and tried to install on a client machine, but I received the original error about the assembly needing to be installed in the GAC.

I will try again tomorrow after a good nights sleep. I may have just missed a simple step.

thanks
teamels

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 1, 2006 06:27 PM UTC

Ok, I am good to go now. Thanks for all your help.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 6, 2006 04:27 AM UTC

Hi Teamels,

Thanks for the update. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon