Looks like you did some pretty deep investigating, thank you for your efforts. However after following the steps as best I could my project is now plauged with errors. See attached bmp image of the VB 2005 screen showing the errors. The first error says that it can not process the code on line 525 referring to the Me.EditControl1 properties on the form keeping me from being able to open the Form Designer.
I then tried to undo the changed, but the same errors are still present. I then went to re-install the Syncfusion controls, however the same errors are still present.
Our apologies for the delayed response and thanks for the screen shots and the additional information. I have tested for this issue and was able to see the problem. After further investigating this issue I found that it is possible to deploy the project that uses EditControl by following the given steps.
1. Create a new folder named "CopyAssemblies"(or any).
2. Copy the syncfusion assemblies (Syncfusion.Edit.Windows.dll etc) that are referenced in your application from the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies" to the "CopyAssemblies" folder.
3. Click Start->All Programs->Syncfusion->Essential Studio 18.104.22.168->Utilities->Assembly Manager
4. Select Remove all versions and Click Perform Action.
5. On completion of the action a dialog will appear. Click Ok.
6. Please remove or rename the 'Assemblies' folder, if found in the following location.
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\.
7. Also make sure that there are no syncfusion assemblies in the following paths:
(i). C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies
8. In the Application folder, remove all temporary files including manifest files from the Excecution path that are created during the last run.
9. Open the application.
10. Remove the all the syncfusion references in the Solution Explorer.
11. RightClick References.
12. Click Add reference.
13. Click Browse and add the required references from the CopyAssemblies folder.
14. Select the added Syncfusion assemblies in the Solution Explorer. RightClick and Click Properties.
15. Set Copy Local property of the assemblies to true.
16. Publish the application.
17. Install the application in client machine.
Please follow the steps for testing this issue and let me know if this resolves your problem.
Thanks for your patience.