We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Disabling ability to to select columns by Clicking one, then dragging to another

The following lines :

this.gridCtl.AllowDragSelectedCols = false;
this.gridCtl.AllowDragSelectedRows = false;

aren''''t preventing the user from MouseDown''ing on one column (like C), then dragging to another column (like F) to select those columns (C..F). It''s a standard gridctl - does it need to be a specific type of Grid Ctl?

If I can''''t disable that, how to I take advantage of that, and register which colums (or rows) were selected when I MouseUp?

I still didn''''t understand the difference between grid.Model.Selections.* and regular grid.Selections.* (like grid.Model.Selections.Add vs. grid.Selections.Add).

Nor am I clear what the difference between Selections.Add and Selections.SelectRange are. I *think* you were previously trying to say that Add just adds a range, where SelectRange lets you either Add or Delete a range. Did I understand you correctly?

Michael

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 10, 2006 03:14 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Issue 1: column selection and dragging.

If you want to prevent the column selection when clicked on the columnheader, you can set the AllowSelection property of the grid. Below is a code snippet

//to prevent the Column selection..
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.AllowSelection = GridSelectionFlags.Any ^ GridSelectionFlags.Column;

//to prevent the selected column dragging
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.AllowDragSelectedCols = false;

this.gridDataBoundGrid1.ControllerOptions = GridControllerOptions.All ^ GridControllerOptions.DragSelectRowOrColumn;

Issue 2 : difference between Selections.Add and Selections.SelectRange

Did I understand you correctly?
>>>>>>>>>>

Yes. The Selections.Add method only adds a GridRangeInfo to the list of selected ranges. But you can use the Selections.SelectedRange method to add or remove a GridRangeInfo from the list of selected ranges.

Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Haneef

SK Sameer Khan January 16, 2009 04:08 PM UTC

How would one prevent a subset of the columns from eing dragged around?

I want to keep the first n columns static; but allow the rest of the columns from being rearranged.

This means; that not only do I want the first n columns to not move; I dont want other columns to be dropped in the first n set.

-S

>Hi Michael,

Issue 1: column selection and dragging.

If you want to prevent the column selection when clicked on the columnheader, you can set the AllowSelection property of the grid. Below is a code snippet

//to prevent the Column selection..
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.AllowSelection = GridSelectionFlags.Any ^ GridSelectionFlags.Column;

//to prevent the selected column dragging
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.AllowDragSelectedCols = false;

this.gridDataBoundGrid1.ControllerOptions = GridControllerOptions.All ^ GridControllerOptions.DragSelectRowOrColumn;

Issue 2 : difference between Selections.Add and Selections.SelectRange

Did I understand you correctly?
>>>>>>>>>>

Yes. The Selections.Add method only adds a GridRangeInfo to the list of selected ranges. But you can use the Selections.SelectedRange method to add or remove a GridRangeInfo from the list of selected ranges.

Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Haneef

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team January 17, 2009 08:52 AM UTC

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

To handle column header dragging the ControllerOptions property has to be set to DragColumnHeader.

this.gridControl1.ControllerOptions = GridControllerOptions.DragColumnHeader;

To prevent a column from being dragged, QueryAllowDragColumnHeader event has to be handled.

this.gridControl1.QueryAllowDragColumnHeader += new GridQueryDragColumnHeaderEventHandler(gridControl1_QueryAllowDragColumnHeader);

void gridControl1_QueryAllowDragColumnHeader(object sender, GridQueryDragColumnHeaderEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Column == 3)
e.AllowDrag = false;
}

To prevent a column from being dropped with other column, ColsMoving event has to be handled.

private void gridControl1_ColsMoving(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRangeMovingEventArgs e)
{
if(e.Target == 3)
{
e.Cancel = true;
this.gridControl1.Cols.MoveRange(e.From,1,e.From);
}
}

Please refer to the following sample that implements this.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com//samples/Grid.Windows/F50159.zip

Regards,
Rajadurai

SK Sameer Khan January 20, 2009 07:54 PM UTC

QueryAllowDragColumn works fine; so I am now able to supress the move.

However; TableModel.ColsMoved is never called
I have set the following options:

_grid.TableModel.Options.ControllerOptions = GridControllerOptions.DragColumnHeader ^ GridControllerOptions.DragSelectRowOrColumn;

Am I missing something?

Note I am using the grid grouping control.

>Hi Sameer,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

To handle column header dragging the ControllerOptions property has to be set to DragColumnHeader.

this.gridControl1.ControllerOptions = GridControllerOptions.DragColumnHeader;

To prevent a column from being dragged, QueryAllowDragColumnHeader event has to be handled.

this.gridControl1.QueryAllowDragColumnHeader += new GridQueryDragColumnHeaderEventHandler(gridControl1_QueryAllowDragColumnHeader);

void gridControl1_QueryAllowDragColumnHeader(object sender, GridQueryDragColumnHeaderEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Column == 3)
e.AllowDrag = false;
}

To prevent a column from being dropped with other column, ColsMoving event has to be handled.

private void gridControl1_ColsMoving(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRangeMovingEventArgs e)
{
if(e.Target == 3)
{
e.Cancel = true;
this.gridControl1.Cols.MoveRange(e.From,1,e.From);
}
}

Please refer to the following sample that implements this.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com//samples/Grid.Windows/F50159.zip

Regards,
Rajadurai

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team January 23, 2009 10:55 AM UTC

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for your update.

Please try handling TableDescriptor.Columns.Changed/Changing events as these get fired when columns are moved in gridgroupingcontrol. Here is a sample code:

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns.Changed += new Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedEventHandler(Columns_Changed);
void Columns_Changed(object sender, Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Action == ListPropertyChangedType.Move)
MessageBox.Show("Moved");
}

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon