We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Use space bar to pop up ContextPrompt

This is my lexem to pop up the Context Prompt on screen when I press the "(" character, however how can I change this to use the space bar on the keyboard instead.

CollapseName="(...)">

Thanks
teamels

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 5, 2006 07:16 PM UTC

>This is my lexem to pop up the Context Prompt on screen when I press the "(" character, however how can I change this to use the space bar on the keyboard instead.

Thanks
teamels

EO Ernie Obregon October 5, 2006 07:24 PM UTC

I see my lexem does not show up on screen so I included a .jpeg image of this instead.

Thanks
teamels

lexem.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2006 11:13 AM UTC

Hi Teamels,

It is possible to drop ContrexPrompt when space bar is pressed, using the DropContextPrompt attribute in the lexem with BeginBlock "\s". I have attached a sample that illustrates this in this link below .
sample 
Please let me know if this meets your requirements.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2006 10:51 PM UTC

I see in the XML document how the lexem is setup, however do you have a Visual Studio 2003 or Visual Basic 2005 sample I can run. ? I want to see how you handle the code to pop up the box if you are doing this. Currently my code looks for the line character and right after the ( is typed, however now there will be a space right after I press the space key. Does that make sense ?

>Hi Teamels,

It is possible to drop ContrexPrompt when space bar is pressed, using the DropContextPrompt attribute in the lexem with BeginBlock "\s". I have attached a sample that illustrates this in this link below .
sample 

Regards,
Manohari.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 9, 2006 11:18 AM UTC

Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the delayed response. It is possible to display the ContextPrompt after pressing Space bar key and without the Space character being entered in the editcontrol using the ContextPromptBeforeOpen and the KeyPress events of EditControl. I have attached a .NET 2003 version of sample that illustrates this in this link given below.
Sample
Please let me know if this meets your requirement.

Regards,
Manohari.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 9, 2006 11:49 AM UTC

Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. I have attached a .Net 2003 version of sample in this link given below.
.NET 2003 version Sample

Regards,
Manohari.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 9, 2006 11:24 PM UTC

Thank You, I got now

>Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. I have attached a .Net 2003 version of sample in this link given below.
.NET 2003 version Sample

Regards,
Manohari.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 9, 2006 11:24 PM UTC

Thank You, I got it now.

>Hi Teamels,

.NET 2003 version Sample

Regards,
Manohari.R

DU David Union November 14, 2006 06:49 PM UTC

What is the BeginBlock if I want to use
Control-Spacebar?

>Hi Teamels,

sample 

Regards,
Manohari.R

DU David Union November 22, 2006 08:16 PM UTC

I'm not thinking of the spacebar, though that's a good thought to do also. I'm thinking of if I have the dropcontextprompt set so that the drop context prompt is working and I'm sitting on the open-parenthesis, and the user types CONTROL-SPACE (not just space) I want the drop context prompt to go away and to cause the drop contex list event to happen (so I can then inject a custom drop context list using the before and open events associated with this drop context list event).

>
What is the BeginBlock if I want to use
Control-Spacebar?

>Hi Teamels,

sample 

Regards,
Manohari.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 5, 2006 02:19 PM UTC

Hi David,

Your Direct-Trac incident 29952 in this regard has been updated.Please refer to our the responses there.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon