We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to get selected rows of a GridGroupingControl

Hi,

I''ve searched alot but couldn''t find out how to get the selected rows in a GridGroupingControl (I use AllowSelection = GridSelectionFlags.Any to allow user to select multi rows).

I''ve tried with gridGroupingControl.Table.SelectedRecords but it was empty although I have some selected rows in the grid.

Please help me with this.

Thanks and regards.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 4, 2006 10:34 AM UTC

Hi Cuong,

Use the Model.Selections property to manages selected ranges in the grid. It allows you to add, remove and get selections, determines selection state of a specific cell.

//Get the selected rows from the groupin grid.
GridRangeInfoList range = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.Selections.GetSelectedRows(true,true);
foreach( GridRangeInfo info in range)
{
Element el = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.GetDisplayElementAt(info.Top);
Console.WriteLine( "Selected RowIndex : " + info.Top + " =====> " + el );
}

Thanks,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 5, 2006 09:00 AM UTC

>Hi Cuong,

Use the Model.Selections property to manages selected ranges in the grid. It allows you to add, remove and get selections, determines selection state of a specific cell.

//Get the selected rows from the groupin grid.
GridRangeInfoList range = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.Selections.GetSelectedRows(true,true);
foreach( GridRangeInfo info in range)
{
Element el = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.GetDisplayElementAt(info.Top);
Console.WriteLine( "Selected RowIndex : " + info.Top + " =====> " + el );
}

Thanks,
Haneef

Thank you so much, Haneef. You''ve helped me to solve it. The grid is quite nice :).

One more thing, does GridGroupingControl have a property to set the last column always fill the remaing space of the form (like FillLastColumn property of GridListControl)?

Regards,

Cuong Luc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 5, 2006 09:07 AM UTC

Hi Cuong,

There is no built-in support for this. But you can handle the TableModel.QueryColWidth event and set the width of the last column. Below is a code snippet.

private void TableModel_QueryColWidth(object sender, GridRowColSizeEventArgs e)
{
GridTableModel model = sender as GridTableModel;
int findex = model.Table.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.Count - 1;
int index = model.FieldToColIndex( findex);

if(e.Index == index )
{
int cwidth = this.gridGroupingControl1.ClientSize.Width;
int twidth = model.ColWidths.GetTotal(0,e.Index-1);

e.Size = cwidth - twidth;
e.Handled = true;
}
}