We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

printing large virtual grids

Hi,

I''ve been having a number of printing issues. I''ve been trying to handle printing myself, based on your fittopage sample, but after struggling with memory and performance issues, I''ve put that aside for now to focus on getting basic printing to work.

The current issue is that if I try to print or print preview a very large virtual grid (20,000 rows) the performance is terrible. When the preview window cycles through the pages prior to displaying them, it get slower and slower, eventually taking several seconds per page and never finishing. I tried printing the large virtual grid in the quick start samples, and it doesn''t have this problem. Any idea what might be causing this in my code? The grid displays and scrolls with no performance issues. I''m using 3.0.1.0.

Thanks,
Andy

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 3, 2006 04:34 PM UTC

Finally figured this out. I''m using frozen columns and rows. If I get rid of them prior to printing and restore them afterwards, performance is fine. You guys may want to see if this is still an issue in your current release.

Andy

>Hi,

I''ve been having a number of printing issues. I''ve been trying to handle printing myself, based on your fittopage sample, but after struggling with memory and performance issues, I''ve put that aside for now to focus on getting basic printing to work.

The current issue is that if I try to print or print preview a very large virtual grid (20,000 rows) the performance is terrible. When the preview window cycles through the pages prior to displaying them, it get slower and slower, eventually taking several seconds per page and never finishing. I tried printing the large virtual grid in the quick start samples, and it doesn''t have this problem. Any idea what might be causing this in my code? The grid displays and scrolls with no performance issues. I''m using 3.0.1.0.

Thanks,
Andy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon